5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors not working

Hexman62

Reaction score
This is more an Electrical topic than exterior but I did not see the category.

Installed LED turn signal lights on the exterior mirrors and now the mirrors won't power fold. It never fails for me, try to customize something and end up breaking something else...... Anyone know the fuse location? I assume there is one.

Hexman62

Reaction score
As mentioned in my earlier post, I installed sequential lighting in the rear view mirrors. Look & work great! However, the power fold function now does not work. I tried a replacement door controller & switch module. No luck. Even disassembled the driver's mirror to see if I could find any disconnected wires. Nope. Pretty sure there are no fuses in the circuit so I'm stumped. A power folding mirror schematic would be nice along with any other expert advice this site could provide. Thanks in advance!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd start with your switch. Are you still getting voltage to the actual switch on your door for the mirrors? If yes, then the problem lies on the other side of that where power is being sent to the mirrors. What all did you disconnect for the install? Do the mirrors movements, left right up down, still work?

Users who are viewing this thread