5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors hitting the window

sefar

Reaction score
Thanks to the folks on this forum, I put power folding mirrors on my truck and took the tow mirrors off. I notice that the mirrors fold in and touch the window- is that normal or is there a calibration I need to do?

TIA>

tolh13

Reaction score
It was for my 2019 Big Horn, but ram solved this for my 2022 by not offing power fold mirrors on a Big Horn.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you sure they are hitting the window? 99.99% of the time, guys are mistaking the sound of the mirror hitting the mechanical stops for the mirror hitting the window.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was a thread pretty recently (couple of weeks ago?) about it. And it turns out, as @Idahoktm said, it was not hitting the window. Just the stops. Mine make a clunk when they stop, but I've confirmed that they're not touching the glass.

ya3coub

Reaction score
Well for me I believe they touch the glass & I was never bothered.

I also swiped the mirror twice with another car overtaking them on highspeed and these mirrors are solid, I never checked but from the inside of the car it shows like they are touching and there is the sound at the end where the go slightly up.

Never had a mark on my glass either.

Purduegranite

Reaction score
What about the mirror trying to over extend when it opens? Driver side was covered under warranty but waited a month for parts. Now passenger side is doing it but out of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread