5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors hit the windows

Rambunxs

Reaction score
Is it normal for the mirrors to hit the windows when they are folded in?

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Good luck. I thought the same. Went to the dealer and the service manager stuck paper between the glass and mirror and folded them in and it never hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll have to check to see if mine do. It's not my daily driver so it will have to wait till I get home to see. But I think I would have noticed if they do.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I hear a thud when they hit the glass...not sure if it hits and backs off...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Thud may be from the bracket hitting, but I thought I heard the same thing the first time I put them in. I guess I won't worry about it unless something breaks.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I don't hear it when the windows are open

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it normal for the mirrors to hit the windows when they are folded in?
Make sure it is actually hitting the window. It makes a sound when it hits a stop so it sounds as if it’s hitting the window but in reality it isn’t. Take a closeR look.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure it is actually hitting the window. It makes a sound when it hits a stop so it sounds as if it’s hitting the window but in reality it isn’t. Take a closeR look.

Exactly like he said, mine made tap noise whenever it stop even with window roll down, also with windows up and i can see there is a good gap between the window and mirror.

Gregg Von Urff

Reaction score
I have a '17 1500 Longhorn. My mirrors make a slight audible clunk when retracting BUT they DO NOT hit the window. I believe this is normal. The issue I have is if the mirrors are retracted and you go to extend them (or visa versa) one or both of them try but don’t make it. I have isolated my problem to water freezing in whatever position it was left in. The challenge I had was having the dealer duplicate the problem. Finally, on a 23F morning after a previous rain, I was able to duplicate the discrepancy at the dealership. I did get FCA involved. All fixed BUT I believe the problem will happen again due to the design. Put it this way.....for me...if I lived in FL...i d believe I would have the problem.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Like others have said, it sounds like they hit but mine don't actually touch the windows. They're just hitting the stops. I wouldn't worry about it.

d19r93

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, but just as others have said, there is a gap and the noise happens with the windows down for me.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Same here, I thought they hit when the first time I folded them. After closer inspection its just a thump from the mirror itself.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Same here. That's the first thing I noticed when I bought my truck, but upon close inspection, it actually does not hit the window, just sounds like it.
Been folding my mirrors when I park for a year and a half w/o any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread