5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power-Folding mirrors flexing

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
My extrior mirrors are have little flexing, who has same problem? Who have a reccomendation for fixing?)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would help if you post a link to a video of this gappening.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My extrior mirrors are have little flexing, who has same problem? Who have a reccomendation for fixing?)
Are you talking about when they're flipped up to the "tow" position? I noticed some fluttering on them above 80 mph, which was fairly disappointing. But I don't really see a case where I'll be using them above 80 mph in the towing position.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
Are you talking about when they're flipped up to the "tow" position? I noticed some fluttering on them above 80 mph, which was fairly disappointing. But I don't really see a case where I'll be using them above 80 mph in the towing position.
No, my mirrors non-towing

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, my mirrors non-towing
So are they shaking when you drive? I have the folding non-tow mirrors and they are completely solid when driving. Might need to try shaking them by hand and see if they're moving at the pivot or where they're mounted to the body

Papi4baby

Reaction score
I think he means when you fold them they hit the glass and looks like they move up a bit.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
So are they shaking when you drive? I have the folding non-tow mirrors and they are completely solid when driving. Might need to try shaking them by hand and see if they're moving at the pivot or where they're mounted to the body
Yes, they're shaking while driving, and, folding mechanism closing/open with holding

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think he means when you fold them they hit the glass and looks like they move up a bit.

The mirrors don't hit the glass, it only looks like they do when they hit their mechanical stops.

The OP could have given a better explanation, rather than waiting for someone to guess what he meant.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I suspect that English isn't his first language.

Yes, it appears he's Russian. It has to be tough trying to explain your problem in a foreign language, but the more detail the better. Maybe Google Translate would help?? I've deciphered foreign posts with it, but I've never used it to construct a post in a foreign language.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they're shaking while driving, and, folding mechanism closing/open with holding
I doubt the folding mechanism is serviceable. If your truck is still under warranty I would take it to a dealer, if not you may want to look at the replacements that are available through Amazon The mirror head is easy to remove if you take off the inner door panel.

Users who are viewing this thread