5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirror gear replacement available

Gerrydoc

Reaction score
I noticed this replacement is finally available, 2019+ Ram METAL Power Folding Mirror Gears
Has anyone attempted to do this install yet? They don’t really have any instructions

I keep attempting to make a service appointment at the dealer to have them replace my passenger mirror, but every time I call they say they next available appt is 3-4 weeks out...such a waste of time for them to tell me “yeah it’s stripped, we’ll have to order a new mirror”
I can't believe they put plastic gears in something that's supposed to move several hundred times a year. I get it. They're trying to reduce weight for gas mileage but please plastic gears where there should be metal ones. This should be a recall. You know I've owned Toyota's and Suzuki's up until now. My Toyota FJ cruiser. The only thing I had to replace on it in 8 years was tires and oil. I can't believe that my ram has been in at least five times for warranty items and now the mirrors have gone. I don't know. I don't know what the deal is. I stopped by an American cars because things broke after a couple years decided I would come back to support the country and our a local automakers but I'm starting to wonder now cuz is it a good idea? Really upset that I have to replace both my mirrors because they won't retract anymore. I have a 2019 Dodge ram Laramie

Ratchetman

Reaction score
I'm currently dealing with folding mirror problems. It looks like if your gears strip, something has hit the mirror hard. I've walked into mine and they just fold up no problem. But one day I came to the truck and the passenger one was messed up. It wouldn't sit in the detent any longer and wobbles as you drive. When I took the mirror apart it was obvious that something hit the mirror with a lot of force because the plastic cover parts weren't clipped together properly anymore and there was a gap on the bottom. It wasn't noticeable at first. Couldn't see any scratches in the plastic . My gear didn't break only the plastic ring. I didn't have any parts so I just cut apart the fold motor assembly and removed the broken ring. Now the mirror folds in but you have to push it back out by hand. I would buy just the ring if it's available. 20231021_182742.jpg 20231021_174706.jpg 20231021_171602.jpg 20231021_182532.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread