5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power cut off on USB outlets?

SkyLimit

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right category, just wondering how to have RAM cut off power to USB outlets when engine is off. Below the 12" screen there's 2 USB outlets I have 2 devices connected: A dashcam (VIOFO A119 V3), and a Carplay wireless dongle. I turned off the truck, stepped outside and just observed the 2 devices. I saw my entertainment and dash screen backlights both go off but I see power to the dongle and dashcam still. I've had bad experiences in the past of my other dash cam draining my GMC so I'm just hoping a similar experience doesn't happen. Thanks for any input!

Year 2020, 5.7L, Sports Trim

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right category, just wondering how to have RAM cut off power to USB outlets when engine is off. Below the 12" screen there's 2 USB outlets I have 2 devices connected: A dashcam (VIOFO A119 V3), and a Carplay wireless dongle. I turned off the truck, stepped outside and just observed the 2 devices. I saw my entertainment and dash screen backlights both go off but I see power to the dongle and dashcam still. I've had bad experiences in the past of my other dash cam draining my GMC so I'm just hoping a similar experience doesn't happen. Thanks for any input!

Year 2020, 5.7L, Sports Trim
on my 2022 those usb ports shut off in about 20 minutes

Moosefire66

Reaction score
My 19 big horn, none of the USB or charging ports work

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread