5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powder Coat!!

IrishRED

Reaction score
In all the years I have owned trucks, I have never stuck with stock wheels .... there was always an "upgrade." This time, I decided to powder coat my stock 18x8 wheels instead of replacing them, as it was much cheaper, a different look yet still stock! Waiting on wheel spacers now!! It is definitely another option for those looking to get away from stock .... but not too much!!

This first one is right after I picked it up!
IMG_2345.JPG

These next two are after I cleaned it up and shined the tires!!
IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2347.JPG

Last edited:

TDVRam2020

Reaction score
Are you still happy with the powder coated wheels? Looking to buy a take-off set and coat them black too. Can you post a true side profile pic? I think they look solid!

IrishRED

Reaction score
Are you still happy with the powder coated wheels? Looking to buy a take-off set and coat them black too. Can you post a true side profile pic? I think they look solid!

Yes, they have held up great and still look .... well .... black!
IMG_2655.JPG

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Did your powder shop require the tires to be removed to coat?

If you don’t mind, what did they charge you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bink

Reaction score

I looked at this option, but the place that was doing it said I had to take my truck to a shop where the wheels could be removed and tires taken off. From there I would have to transport the wheels to the shop where they would be powder coated. I’m guessing I would have to leave the truck at the tire place for several days until the wheels were done and tires could be reinstalled...seemed like way too much work.

IrishRED

Reaction score

The place I went was great!! I dropped my truck off there and they took care of everything overnight. They de-mounted the tires, powdercoated the wheels and then re-mounted and balanced the tires. I dropped it off at 4:00pm one day and it was done and ready by 11:00am the next day ..... all for $700 including tax. In addition to the powdercoating, this company does wheel repair and refurbishing too. They work a lot with local dealerships so they are very good at full service rapid turn around. I know most of you are not local to me but here is the company if you want to check our their services offered for comparison purposes: Elite on Wheels

aodetailnj

Reaction score
Powder coating super durable as long as you aren’t dumping wheel acid on them every day. Turnaround times can be quick, they’re also cured enough to ceramic coat immediately and the price point is generally quite reasonable.

We’ll have our customers just drop the car off and we handle the rest including removal and re-mounting/balancing of tires.

Users who are viewing this thread