5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Order

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want my honest opinion, their price is fair. I'm not saying you can't do better, I'm sure you can, there will always be dealers out there willing to throw silly prices at you, but these are generally the same dealers that couldn't care less about you as a customer, and won't do **** for you after the sale. If all you are looking for is a price, then by all means, shop around. If instead you want to develop a relationship with a dealer who can help you out in the future and actually cares about you as more than just the next tick on a board, then be willing to pay a little more.

I think its pretty easy nowadays to find a dealer who will give you an invoice - holdback price, heck it isn't too difficult to find dealers who go below that, but it isn't always worth the headache that may come with it.

Me personally... i think any offer from a customer that is below invoice minus holdback is unreasonable. Is there money still there? Of course... but the dealer is a business, and generally a local business who probably gives a lot to the community, they deserve to make something... Yes, they have a processing fee, which is profit and yes there is money when they hit their sales goals etc... but why should you, as a customer, feel entitled to that? But then again.. I work at a dealer sooo.... :p

Thanks. I am ok really with 57, but I would be happier about it if it was a place close by. This place is 1.5 hours away. Not huge, but I don't plan on driving down regularly after the sale.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That price isn't crazy or anything, so you should be able to get one of your local dealers to either match it or beat it, especially in your area.

Fourth dealer (local) got back to me today and their very first offer was 56,002. I'm probably going to jump on that one. I didn't have to negotiate at all. That's just what they sent me the first time.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Final dealer (who is associated with two of the other local dealers apparently) came back and said he doesn't know how anyone else is giving me a quote or able to put orders in, as his GM and regional Ram person said they can't. He also said he doesn't know how these places are locking in any current incentives for me, as they can only give whatever is available when I receive truck. Claims he is worried I'm going to get hosed by these other places. He also said 22's are not available until October and he doesn't expect ramboxes to start being received until January (which we already know is wrong, right?)

So who is right here?? Why so much discrepancy and confusion between all these places?

mwbailey

Reaction score
I am in negotiations for a Laramie with sport appearance option. The dealer is telling me that the final price will depend on the rebates when the truck is delivered. They said the current $3000 incentive is not guaranteed but will likely be better when the truck is delivered in 10 to 12 weeks. But the incentive maybe lower too. If I order the truck today is there a way to lock in and get the better rebate either todays or the future rebate which ever is better for me?

glennf14

Reaction score
I am in negotiations for a Laramie with sport appearance option. The dealer is telling me that the final price will depend on the rebates when the truck is delivered. They said the current $3000 incentive is not guaranteed but will likely be better when the truck is delivered in 10 to 12 weeks. But the incentive maybe lower too. If I order the truck today is there a way to lock in and get the better rebate either todays or the future rebate which ever is better for me?

Not that I know of. I’m always confused when dealers “guarantee” rebates when custom ordering. I think it’s mostly them betting the rebates will be better upon delivery so they can make a little extra money. What the dealer told you makes perfect sense to me. Whatever rebates are available upon delivery is what you should get.

ponypride

Reaction score
There was $2000 in incentives for your zip code from what I could see. $1500 + an additional $500 bonus cash.
Where can you find the incentives by zip code. I a man purchasing (not leasing)? Thank you

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "EP" offer is extremely generous because they will not get the "EP" kick-back without a control number. One of the salesmen could burn their "EP" control number to get the kick-back, however, that's their problem not yours.
Seems like a great way that employee would lose their EP privilege. Seems very unlikely

mwbailey

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I’m always confused when dealers “guarantee” rebates when custom ordering. I think it’s mostly them betting the rebates will be better upon delivery so they can make a little extra money. What the dealer told you makes perfect sense to me. Whatever rebates are available upon delivery is what you should get.
I called the RAM Incentive Program at 1-800-227-0757. I found this number in another thread on this site (Thanks to all for the great info). The incentive agent informed me that the current $3K rebate availble in my area is "custom order protected". The agent said this means you get either all the rebates that are available when you order or the current rebates at the time the truck is delivered which ever works out better for me. The dealer did not know about this info. He called the same number and confirmed. I have decided to get prices from other dealers since the original dealer did not know the facts nor were they willing to go below invoice.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I ordered my limited it was $1000, dropped to $500 and now is $1500

glennf14

Reaction score
I called the RAM Incentive Program at 1-800-227-0757. I found this number in another thread on this site (Thanks to all for the great info). The incentive agent informed me that the current $3K rebate availble in my area is "custom order protected". The agent said this means you get either all the rebates that are available when you order or the current rebates at the time the truck is delivered which ever works out better for me. The dealer did not know about this info. He called the same number and confirmed. I have decided to get prices from other dealers since the original dealer did not know the facts nor were they willing to go below invoice.
Good info to know! Thank u !!

Users who are viewing this thread