5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential improvements to aid in trailering sway control?

Charon

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with my hitch set-up. I've been using this Easy-Lift WDH since I got the trailer 18 years ago and used with 2 other vehicles and it is solid. If you were to look up current reviews on this WDH, they are always one of the top rated for the money. The sway is from the lateral movement of the truck suspension and lack of using LT tires.
Did you see this post? He went from the same WDH to the equalizer. Looks like it was a major improvement.

hotjava66

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 20 1500 Laramie CC, I agree with original post. The rear end of this truck is very prone to being pushed around by a trailer, especially if it has tall sides. Speed makes it worse, starts around 60 and increases with speed, any wind gust or passing vehicle is felt. It’s enough to nearly make you motion sick. Both enclosed cargo trailers I pulled were new, I actually thought it was the trailer the first trip but tried another brand new trailer with same result. Pretty sure a lot of it is the soft sidewalk tires, put your foot on the hitch and with little effort you can move the truck side to side A LOT. I was ready to return it to dealer after first trip it was so bad. (These are new high quality 2500lb empty 4500lb loaded enclosed v nose cargo trailers). Caught a gust of wind on a wet snowy spot on road and trailer broke the rear end loose and nearly wrecked the rig. I have been towing trailers my entire life of all sizes (including class a trucks) and have never had a small light trailer completely own a truck like this. Going to try a range D or E tire and ordered a Hellwig sway bar see what happens. I love the truck for daily driving and don’t/shouldn’t need a 2500 to handle this trailer for a dozen trips a year....

Users who are viewing this thread