5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Buyer Questions

emings

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm in the market for my first pickup. Based off of everything I've read I think I'll be going with a Ram if I can find the right deal. My father has had an '06 Cummins and a '16 Rebel Crew. He's now in a '20 Gladiator Rubicon. In general, I'm curious as to what all of you wished you had known prior to making your purchase decision. I'm looking at getting either a Big Horn or a Laramie in either quad or crew cab format. I'm currently in the Virginia Beach area but work out towards Franklin so please let me know if you are familiar with any dealers in the area. If you have any experience or advice to share, that would also be great as I'm only 20 and this is my first big vehicle purchase! :)
I used to be like you when I was 20. I would only buy used and then drive them till the wheels fell out...For me the problems always begin after that magical 100,000 mile mark so thats why I now buy new and trade before 100k. My advice would be get what you want.. so many of my friends have been killed over the years at young ages that I feel its better to enjoy yourself and have fun than be miserable and that goes for anything truck buying, a job, a girl etc. If you are going to buy used just make sure it has meticulous maintenance records with the vehicle.

emings

Reaction score
Now advice on a truck itself...i have the 5.7 HEMI w/o e-torque no issues with that whatsoever. I have not used my truck to tow and I don't plan to either I use my truck to haul mulch for my wife's plants and when we go on a bike ride offroad. if that describes you then go with the 3.21 as a 3.92 wont help you much. I might be in the minority here but my truck has the big trailer towing mirrors and I love them because I can see alot wider than I can with regular mirrors its a really big help when backing into a space(the backup camera cant see everything) Final advice do your research and dont settle on a truck this is something you will own for many years and the wrong choice will cost you thousands if you hate it and want to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread