5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Your Snowed Up Ram Pics

RAM 4times

Reaction score
they all look good in the snow. sitting in the driveway or driving it around. the problem is the next day, or week untill you can wash off all the dirt and salt.

alow

Reaction score
Hey you miss it when you don't get it. Maybe we can split it?

ders0

Reaction score
For all of you in the snow w/ LED lights. Any issues? A few members here have mentioned that since the LEDs run cool, they were having issues with the snow not melting away from the lenses.

Cheers,

Yes this is definitely true. This is the first vehicle I've had with LED headlights and they've basically been frozen over for the past two months.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
For all of you in the snow w/ LED lights. Any issues? A few members here have mentioned that since the LEDs run cool, they were having issues with the snow not melting away from the lenses.

Cheers,
Driven through some upstate ny lake effect and I can say having these LEDs makes driving in snow bearable. Only a 8 mile commute so cant confirm if the snow wont melt off or not since I'm not driving as much as I used to (26 miles one way). But by far the best overall driving experience in the snow I've had with any vehicle. My old 05 Cummins was an absolute monster in the snow, 65 mph in 14-18" was easy, but the lights weren't that great. Spent 280 on LEDs and they were bright but nothing compared to the focus of these 19s.

Attachments

• IMG_20180602_225314_233.jpg
    IMG_20180602_225314_233.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Snapchat-362015506.jpg
    Snapchat-362015506.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 52

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Yes this is definitely true. This is the first vehicle I've had with LED headlights and they've basically been frozen over for the past two months.
I concur as well. If you are driving in a snow storm on a highway where it builds up on grill and then freezes over while you are driving, you definitely have to get out and knock away the build up every so often. This applies to both day and night, since visibility to others is equally as important.

It is a weird change for me thats for sure. I was used to uce melting off in a matter of minutes... usually by the time I brushed off the whole vehicle. Not anymore. Cold to touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online