5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been driving Rebels since 2016, gotta say, I'm a big fan. I'm really glad Ram built these "more than a decal" offroader trucks!
Complete with the Hemi V8, nice interior, comfy ride, no giant air dam 2in off the ground, a factory lift, 33in REAL all terrain tires - in a package I can afford.

RebelSept1a.jpg

RebelSept2a.jpg

Americantruck04

Reaction score
I've been driving Rebels since 2016, gotta say, I'm a big fan. I'm really glad Ram built these "more than a decal" offroader trucks!
Complete with the Hemi V8, nice interior, comfy ride, no giant air dam 2in off the ground, a factory lift, 33in REAL all terrain tires - in a package I can afford.

View attachment 69611

View attachment 69613
How do you like the Mopar CAI?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the Mopar CAI?
Love it! Probably my favorite mod

I have a couple long posts in the official thread on it
The sparknotes:
1) yes IMHO my mpg did improve. .5 city, 1mpg highway. At the extreme least .3mpg
I havent seen below 15mpg in my almost entirely stop and go driving

2) Great response, lag was reduced. Engine has air really fast.

3) it shines when you ask for the most power and are getting the most air. Rolling into it at 40mph+ is amazing.

4) pair it with a good free flowing exhaust!

5) overall feeling is "smooth". Like the truck should have been made that way. I would 100% do it again.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
What tonneau cover is that?

It's a Bakflip MX4. I'll be honest I was a little hesitant on buying another tonneau cover from Bak. On my 2014 Ram I had a Bakflip F1 tonneau cover and the quality was very poor and I had a lot of issues with it. I was originally planning to get a Roll n Lock for this truck but I would've had to give up my cargo rails which I'm not willing to do., I decided to give the MX4 a go as I didn't want to lose my cargo rails and so far I'm very happy with it. The panels are very light compared to the F1, love how you don't have to release the tailgate to close the cover and it does a good job of keeping water out. For the most part I don't get any water at all but the odd time when it rains depending on which way the wind is blowing I might get a small bit just near the tailgate which is no bother to me. I would certainly recommend this cover based on the one I received.

gbertram14

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a picture of the trailer tow mirrors vs. the standard mirrors? I got the trailer tow mirrors for my '21 because i have a boat so i was curious to see the difference. I had to by the extensions for my old truck. Thanks in advance!

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a picture of the trailer tow mirrors vs. the standard mirrors? I got the trailer tow mirrors for my '21 because i have a boat so i was curious to see the difference. I had to by the extensions for my old truck. Thanks in advance!

This is about the best I can do for a pic now:

Untitled.png

I still have the tow mirrors so I could hold one against the sport mirror side by side but I would have to reverse the orientation of the tow mirror due to the mounting bolts. You went the opposite of me. I had the tow mirrors on my 4th gen and hated them. I also think they're ugly compared to the sport mirrors as well, but that's just me. It might not be clear in the pic as they're different angles but the tow mirrors are much bigger (and heavier). I think I gained 50lbs of payload with the swap ;)

gbertram14

Reaction score
This is about the best I can do for a pic now:

View attachment 69811

I still have the tow mirrors so I could hold one against the sport mirror side by side but I would have to reverse the orientation of the tow mirror due to the mounting bolts. You went the opposite of me. I had the tow mirrors on my 4th gen and hated them. I also think they're ugly compared to the sport mirrors as well, but that's just me. It might not be clear in the pic as they're different angles but the tow mirrors are much bigger (and heavier). I think I gained 50lbs of payload with the swap ;)
For some reason i thought the tow mirrors stuck out way more than that. Some Rams, i see them stick out twice as much as your pic on the right. I wonder if the ones that stick out really far are like aftermarket tow mirrors?

Ecotanker

Reaction score
For some reason i thought the tow mirrors stuck out way more than that. Some Rams, i see them stick out twice as much as your pic on the right. I wonder if the ones that stick out really far are like aftermarket tow mirrors?
I have the tow mirrors on mine, I thought they would be sticking way out, but when comparing them, they only stick out an extra inch or two. When they are flipped up for towing, that is when they really stick out.

HydroRebel

Reaction score

I'm not really familiar with the aftermarket mirrors. However, I just measured both mirror's and to my surprise the tow mirrors will only stick out roughly 1" more in normal mode.

antwon412

Reaction score
New Softopper yesterday.
New wheels and tires mounted today. Fuel Tactic. 18x9. Falken Wildpeak 285/75r18. Little rubbing on my aftermarket mudflaps I will need to trim.

3C43F67A-4115-4311-AE6F-BA21124912D7.jpeg FD71CA11-ECE8-4867-86D4-48D849AFF9B0.jpeg 3E16BF09-27A6-44E3-9EB6-ADBA4D29F5D5.jpeg 1D82D337-58BF-4758-81AE-C1B48E1B740B.jpeg 1A7307ED-97F2-4EEA-9E12-BE0C1AC7D9B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread