5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Rebel pics!

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
Finished blacking out the front, was quoted $650 plus tax to line-x the skid plate with them doing the work of taking it off and putting it back on, I decided to do that part myself, brought the skid plate in and it was $75 cash.
I’ll be doing the same but just going to do the lining myself. Should have just came standard.

Downytide

Reaction score
Put on almost 200km yesterday on the new tires, one thing I have to say with these yoko is how quiet they are compare to duratrac, the mpg also didn't change since they were only 3lbs heavier per tire, while remain true 35 in diameter, measured at 35.1 the 35x12.5 was 34.8 overall and weights 71lbs per tire.

Planning to go with fox 2.5 later on.

Attachments

• IMG-20200711-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20200711-WA0016.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 140

flipmcgee

Reaction score
I like your Kayak arrangement. I have been trying to figure out the best way to carry mine. I have the Retrax Tonneau like you and had been looking at the Yakima adjustable height racks but the cost is a bit hard to justify since I only use the boats a few times a year and I have the J-carriers already from my jeep. I see you have two options for carrying yours. How are they when loaded on top using the cross rails? Great truck, love the red. I always get red myself but just couldn't find one this time.

Here is my flexible setup for my Rebel, which I’ve nicknamed “Gremlin” due to its erratic electronics. Basically wanted something I could configure for any given adventure.

bfaf056c505b90b0774b64302e97d243.jpg

72a271e6bb094a7da8dae77a7d60d527.jpg

236349f450f0685e2dcf8f1a4343e666.jpg

b2105d0aebede98bd647348deacadfcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBK

Reaction score
I like your Kayak arrangement. I have been trying to figure out the best way to carry mine. I have the Retrax Tonneau like you and had been looking at the Yakima adjustable height racks but the cost is a bit hard to justify since I only use the boats a few times a year and I have the J-carriers already from my jeep. I see you have two options for carrying yours. How are they when loaded on top using the cross rails? Great truck, love the red. I always get red myself but just couldn't find one this time.

The racks work great. I have a rather long boat though at 10.4 feet so it hangs off the back. I added a few rings to help tie it down up front I can share more pics as I’m about to rig it up for a camping trip. I usually only use the racks when I have a bed full of gear. Otherwise I just use the bed and don’t even bother with the hitch bar in the back if I’m just going on a day trip.

I’ve had two shorter boats strapped to the rack no problem and think I could probably carry 4 with two J carriers.

Let me know if you want more pics of the setup.

dc53f533a4176dfdba5bcdb00ff9d148.jpg

b22b5c58f341223d6c01d658fbf0990a.jpg

flipmcgee

Reaction score
The racks work great. I have a rather long boat though at 10.4 feet so it hangs off the back. I added a few rings to help tie it down up front I can share more pics as I’m about to rig it up for a camping trip. I usually only use the racks when I have a bed full of gear. Otherwise I just use the bed and don’t even bother with the hitch bar in the back if I’m just going on a day trip.

I’ve had two shorter boats strapped to the rack no problem and think I could probably carry 4 with two J carriers.

Let me know if you want more pics of the setup.

dc53f533a4176dfdba5bcdb00ff9d148.jpg

b22b5c58f341223d6c01d658fbf0990a.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, really helps to see how its tied down. Looks like you added a hook up top by the cab to tie down the front Is that in Trac also. What kind of cross rails do you have sitting in the Retrax. Also was wondering about how you anchor the boats when just sticking them in the bed itself for a short trip. Since getting the Retrax , with the canister in the bed, now mine wont tuck up under it and i'm afraid to dent the canister and mess up the function of my cover. I did buy the Mopar utility bed rails that mount on the inside sides of the bed to give me some additional tie down but unfortunately have to remove the Retrax to install them. Sucks because I have that cover installed perfectly. I had all these problems solved on my Jeep and then had to go and buy a truck :)

TBK

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, really helps to see how its tied down. Looks like you added a hook up top by the cab to tie down the front Is that in Trac also. What kind of cross rails do you have sitting in the Retrax. Also was wondering about how you anchor the boats when just sticking them in the bed itself for a short trip. Since getting the Retrax , with the canister in the bed, now mine wont tuck up under it and i'm afraid to dent the canister and mess up the function of my cover. I did buy the Mopar utility bed rails that mount on the inside sides of the bed to give me some additional tie down but unfortunately have to remove the Retrax to install them. Sucks because I have that cover installed perfectly. I had all these problems solved on my Jeep and then had to go and buy a truck :)

When in the bed I flip them over and put the ****pit facing the floor. Then it seems to slide right under the retrax box and I put one ratchet strap using the rear tie down ring in the bed. That box was a lot bigger than I expected and at first I was a little peeved but I’ve learned to live with it for the overall flexibility I need from the truck. Sometimes I put a raft frame so having rails that come off quickly was key for me. I went with the Rhino racks and they are really solid, and have some great accessories.

Here is my setup from today, you can see the little rings I have in the racks. I got those from Rhino as well but I’m sure you could easily rig up something like this.

f8d457184875b1426dd10c49e32de22d.jpg

c6b88a8afc2dbfe55802374775939743.jpg

Most times I have the racks off, and the rhino racks snap back into place really quickly. Sometimes I need to do this:

0423398826bfd02962fa17c6f6687a78.jpg

So overall I think I have created the most flexible setup possible that allows me to easily switch gears for any adventure configuration. :)

Hope this helps!

(I will try and find a pic with the kayaks strapped into the bed)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When in the bed I flip them over and put the ****pit facing the floor. Then it seems to slide right under the retrax box and I put one ratchet strap using the rear tie down ring in the bed. That box was a lot bigger than I expected and at first I was a little peeved but I’ve learned to live with it for the overall flexibility I need from the truck. Sometimes I put a raft frame so having rails that come off quickly was key for me. I went with the Rhino racks and they are really solid, and have some great accessories.

Here is my setup from today, you can see the little rings I have in the racks. I got those from Rhino as well but I’m sure you could easily rig up something like this.

f8d457184875b1426dd10c49e32de22d.jpg

c6b88a8afc2dbfe55802374775939743.jpg

Most times I have the racks off, and the rhino racks snap back into place really quickly. Sometimes I need to do this:

0423398826bfd02962fa17c6f6687a78.jpg

So overall I think I have created the most flexible setup possible that allows me to easily switch gears for any adventure configuration. :)

Hope this helps!

(I will try and find a pic with the kayaks strapped into the bed)

Nice setup, definitely beats how I haul mine lol
2631D779-10AA-41AE-84E4-F2EE56AADCAD.jpeg

Hunter Dan

Reaction score
Looking good Hunter Dan. (y)

If you black out your rocker panels I believe you can call it done... :cool:

Thanks for the compliment Ram Patriot!

To be honest, I prefer the Rebels without the black rocker panels. The glossy black of the rocker panels to me just doesn't seem to blend well with the matte black of the trim and bumpers.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score

To be honest, I prefer the Rebels without the black rocker panels. The glossy black of the rocker panels to me just doesn't seem to blend well with the matte black of the trim and bumpers.
100% agree with you on that.

I have thought about adding something that matched but havnt figured it out yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Totally Agree...!! (y)

That is why I wrapped my rocker panels with Matte Black Vinyl it blends with the rest of the truck. :cool:

RAM_Patriot-Final.png

Users who are viewing this thread