5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Pictures and experiences if you have 295x60r20OR 285x60r20

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Follow up: I went with OEM 5 spoke black sport wheels and 275x60r20 119s d1 8ply Falken peak at3ws. The 8 ply per Falkens website is a 33x11 tire. The 4 ply T rating is 33.1x10.8 for 10 dollars less. Should be installed latest Thursday
Post some pics once you get them on!

Yamie700

Reaction score
I just had my setup put on last week. I went the Toyo Open Country A/T3 in 285/60/r20. The wheels are the Fuel Rebel in 20x10 with a -18 offset. I could not be happier with the look. I do have the 3.21 gears but the truck does not feel sluggish at all. I still need to recalibrate the speedometer so I'm not sure how big of a hit my mpg's are gonna take. Also without recalibration I have noticed some extra down shifting to accelerate at higher speeds or when climbing hills.

All in all I really like the 285's, I don't see a need to go wider personally as weight was somewhat of a concern for me, even though the difference is probably not a huge deal.

What I will say is if you go with the 295's just be careful of what rim width and offset you go with, because I did run into an issue with that. My offset is too aggressive and I am experiencing some rubbing. Now I'm kicking myself because my original idea for the setup was a 20x9 with only a +1 offset, but I let my wheel and tire guy talk me into a wider rim and more aggressive stance without considering the potential for a rub.

I don't really want to modify the wheel well at all to accommodate the bigger tire, so my guy will order me new wheels if I want to correct the issue. So not to highjack the thread, but anyone know if the 285/60/r20 on a 20x9 with +1 offset will fit no problem?
If you switch to 20x9 +1 offset you should be fine. I have Fuel rebels in that size with 285/65/20, 2" level on the front, I had a tiny bit of rubbing only on my weathertech mudflaps, took the mudflaps off and zero rub. So if you're running 285/60/20 you should have plenty of room.

T_Rod25

Reaction score
If you switch to 20x9 +1 offset you should be fine. I have Fuel rebels in that size with 285/65/20, 2" level on the front, I had a tiny bit of rubbing only on my weathertech mudflaps, took the mudflaps off and zero rub. So if you're running 285/60/20 you should have plenty of room.
Nice thank you for the info! That’s what I decided to do. I had my guy order the 20x9 +1’s they should be here in a couple days. For now I’m sitting in the tire shop waiting for them to swap out the 20x10’s and put the 285’s on the stock rims so I can ride on those in the meantime

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Sound clips and install video.
Looks and sounds great. I think this might be the tweener option I'm looking for if I can't find a full car back that isn't so loud....and my wife would surely like the price of this vice a full cat back 😂. Only negative is it not T-304.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Update on my end. Both tire sizes I want are currently on back order. The shop has 3 out of 4 of my 275 60 20 d1 wildpeaks 33x11 per Falkens sight but They can't find a fourth tire anywhere. They told them 90 days.

So black wheels are going in storage until the tires arrive

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread