5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Pictures and experiences if you have 295x60r20OR 285x60r20

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
If you either of these post pics and experience with the ride/transmission please

I am down between these 2 tires sizes. I am only going to level 2021 Ram Laramie Sport non ORP but the stock 275x55r20s look stupid small. I hada 4 inch lift and 35x12.5s on my last ram but the 3.21 gears are not a fan of that weight/size.

Size specs below of each

295x60r20 (33.94x11.6)

285x60r20 (33.46x11.22)

T_Rod25

Reaction score
I just had my setup put on last week. I went the Toyo Open Country A/T3 in 285/60/r20. The wheels are the Fuel Rebel in 20x10 with a -18 offset. I could not be happier with the look. I do have the 3.21 gears but the truck does not feel sluggish at all. I still need to recalibrate the speedometer so I'm not sure how big of a hit my mpg's are gonna take. Also without recalibration I have noticed some extra down shifting to accelerate at higher speeds or when climbing hills.

All in all I really like the 285's, I don't see a need to go wider personally as weight was somewhat of a concern for me, even though the difference is probably not a huge deal.

What I will say is if you go with the 295's just be careful of what rim width and offset you go with, because I did run into an issue with that. My offset is too aggressive and I am experiencing some rubbing. Now I'm kicking myself because my original idea for the setup was a 20x9 with only a +1 offset, but I let my wheel and tire guy talk me into a wider rim and more aggressive stance without considering the potential for a rub.

I don't really want to modify the wheel well at all to accommodate the bigger tire, so my guy will order me new wheels if I want to correct the issue. So not to highjack the thread, but anyone know if the 285/60/r20 on a 20x9 with +1 offset will fit no problem?

Attachments

• IMG_5917.jpeg
    IMG_5917.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5929.jpg
    IMG_5929.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5914.jpeg
    IMG_5914.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 155

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
I just had my setup put on last week. I went the Toyo Open Country A/T3 in 285/60/r20. The wheels are the Fuel Rebel in 20x10 with a -18 offset. I could not be happier with the look. I do have the 3.21 gears but the truck does not feel sluggish at all. I still need to recalibrate the speedometer so I'm not sure how big of a hit my mpg's are gonna take. Also without recalibration I have noticed some extra down shifting to accelerate at higher speeds or when climbing hills.

All in all I really like the 285's, I don't see a need to go wider personally as weight was somewhat of a concern for me, even though the difference is probably not a huge deal.

What I will say is if you go with the 295's just be careful of what rim width and offset you go with, because I did run into an issue with that. My offset is too aggressive and I am experiencing some rubbing. Now I'm kicking myself because my original idea for the setup was a 20x9 with only a +1 offset, but I let my wheel and tire guy talk me into a wider rim and more aggressive stance without considering the potential for a rub.

I don't really want to modify the wheel well at all to accommodate the bigger tire, so my guy will order me new wheels if I want to correct the issue. So not to highjack the thread, but anyone know if the 285/60/r20 on a 20x9 with +1 offset will fit no problem?

I just snagged some 20x9 Black OEM wheels. Im hoping that with a 2 inch level I wont rub either. My biggest concern is the control arm. It rubbed bad on my 4th gen on sport 20" but that was also a 12.5w tire.
I also dont want to modify anything. Im fairly certain I am going to get the same as you 285x60r20 even though the cheaper 275x60r20 is tempting.

In the end I want the BLack sport wheels with 285x60r20s without rubbing or trimming.

T_Rod25

Reaction score
I just snagged some 20x9 Black OEM wheels. Im hoping that with a 2 inch level I wont rub either. My biggest concern is the control arm. It rubbed bad on my 4th gen on sport 20" but that was also a 12.5w tire.
I also dont want to modify anything. Im fairly certain I am going to get the same as you 285x60r20 even though the cheaper 275x60r20 is tempting.

In the end I want the BLack sport wheels with 285x60r20s without rubbing or trimming.
Idk what level you're going with but I think you'd be fine. Readylift (which is what I have) states with their level you can fit a 285/65/r20 with +18 offset. If your stock wheels are +19 I doubt that extra mm will make a difference. Good luck though!

Mitchrob85

Reaction score

Love the look! Sorry if I missed it but are you leveled? Sucks you're running. I was thinking of a -18 offset myself but was worried about rubbing so thinking am thinking a +1 is the better choice. I'm still undecided on tire size... Stay with p rated 275/60/20 of go with something slightly bigger/wider 285/60/20. I too have 3.21 gears so don't wanna go too big anyways, plus I don't offroad (just hunt each year).

T_Rod25

Reaction score
Love the look! Sorry if I missed it but are you leveled? Sucks you're running. I was thinking of a -18 offset myself but was worried about rubbing so thinking am thinking a +1 is the better choice. I'm still undecided on tire size... Stay with p rated 275/60/20 of go with something slightly bigger/wider 285/60/20. I too have 3.21 gears so don't wanna go too big anyways, plus I don't offroad (just hunt each year).
Yea I have the readylift level. I was thinking the same thing when I was in your position and I just decided to go with the lightest 285 I could find that I liked the appearance of which was the Toyos.

I could probably make my current setup fit if I modified the wheel well but I don’t really feel like doing all that just for an extra 19mm of offset. I think the +1 would be just fine.

Nels

Reaction score
20210502_115904.jpg 20210502_115904.jpg
Description in my signature. I notice a rub one time, in reverse, full ****, when i went over a bump. Otherwise no rubbing whatsoever. Haven't recalibrated speedo yet. Not sure that i will. Mpg usually reads around 15.8 on the dash. Havent checked real life mpg with my own math. It just is what it is.

Nels

Reaction score
View attachment 100090 View attachment 100090
Description in my signature. I notice a rub one time, in reverse, full ****, when i went over a bump. Otherwise no rubbing whatsoever. Haven't recalibrated speedo yet. Not sure that i will. Mpg usually reads around 15.8 on the dash. Havent checked real life mpg with my own math. It just is what it is.
I have no idea why the site sensored the word "reverse"!

Smashius

Reaction score
285s...

Zdd27b3.jpg

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Yea I have the readylift level. I was thinking the same thing when I was in your position and I just decided to go with the lightest 285 I could find that I liked the appearance of which was the Toyos.

I could probably make my current setup fit if I modified the wheel well but I don’t really feel like doing all that just for an extra 19mm of offset. I think the +1 would be just fine.

Like I mentioned before, I was originally thinking of the falken at3ws in 275/60/20 but after checking weight they are 48lbs a piece and SL rated. The 285/60/20s are 66 lbs a piece! The Toyo at3s in 285/60/20 are 56 lbs a piece but are E rated. How are yours, road noise wise, compared to stock? My biggest concern is trying to maintain the comfortable stock ride...I know any AT tire will not be as quiet as the stock Bridgestonea so I'd prefer something on that level in terms of road noise. Wondering if weight or load rating would play more of an impact? Thanks again for the replies!

T_Rod25

Reaction score
Like I mentioned before, I was originally thinking of the falken at3ws in 275/60/20 but after checking weight they are 48lbs a piece and SL rated. The 285/60/20s are 66 lbs a piece! The Toyo at3s in 285/60/20 are 56 lbs a piece but are E rated. How are yours, road noise wise, compared to stock? My biggest concern is trying to maintain the comfortable stock ride...I know any AT tire will not be as quiet as the stock Bridgestonea so I'd prefer something on that level in terms of road noise. Wondering if weight or load rating would play more of an impact? Thanks again for the replies!
These Toyos are my first set of all terrain tires on any vehicle ive ever had but I feel like they’re very quiet. I hardly notice them at all, even at highway speeds. But I also do have the Borla S Type exhaust on my truck so my ride is never totally quiet lol.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
These Toyos are my first set of all terrain tires on any vehicle ive ever had but I feel like they’re very quiet. I hardly notice them at all, even at highway speeds. But I also do have the Borla S Type exhaust on my truck so my ride is never totally quiet lol.
Yea, I wanna get exhaust too but based on reviews even the touring is loud. Can't imagine the type s. Would be great to have something that sounds good under load but it quiet when you're cruising on the highway.

Smashius

Reaction score
Yea, I wanna get exhaust too but based on reviews even the touring is loud. Can't imagine the type s. Would be great to have something that sounds good under load but it quiet when you're cruising on the highway.

Even my ATAK is quiet on the highway when cruising.

Rlandon

Reaction score
Why I like my Magnaflow catback. Great deep tone, not obnoxiously loud, and super easy install. Part #19433.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Follow up: I went with OEM 5 spoke black sport wheels and 275x60r20 119s d1 8ply Falken peak at3ws. The 8 ply per Falkens website is a 33x11 tire. The 4 ply T rating is 33.1x10.8 for 10 dollars less. Should be installed latest Thursday

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Even my ATAK is quiet on the highway when cruising.
I know everyone has their own opinion on this subject but a majority of the posts and information I've read about said even the touring was a bit loud. I've got 3 kids and a wife so definitely don't want that could be considered loud. Nice rumble under acceleration and normal db when cruising.

Users who are viewing this thread