5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a picture of your overall MPG!

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4x2 (No e-torque) with 3.92 gears, AFE intake, MotoFab 2” level, running 89 octane. I occasionally tow my motorcycles and Jetski, raced a few 5.7L chargers and 5.3L Silverados
96% city driven
- Running my first tank of 87 octane to see what the difference will be (if any)
ab400f078d5cc47f3d54be7c7863e7ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW...I do not believe the trip meter mpg to be a true average over the entire distance. I have tracked my mileage each fill up and the overall average I have from that does not even come close to what the trip meter that I haven't reset says.
I will say that if you reset the mpg avg every time you fill up, it does seem to be within 0.5mpg most of the time.
Track fill ups with Fuelly, either using their website or the acar app for your phone. That's the only way to know true numbers.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
That average isn't remotely accurate - IIRC it is something like a 200 mile rolling avg?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That average isn't remotely accurate - IIRC it is something like a 200 mile rolling avg?

If you're referring to my post; correct, it's a rolling average. But it IS accurate in this test. I filled up, hit the freeway 10 seconds after that, then drove 3 hours straight, holding a roughly 107 km/h (66 mph) speed.

Before the trip, I was around 12 L/100km or so, and it was still dropping by the time I reached my destination. Hitting 25 mpg on all freeway driving doesn't seem entirely impossible.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
FWIW...I do not believe the trip meter mpg to be a true average over the entire distance. I have tracked my mileage each fill up and the overall average I have from that does not even come close to what the trip meter that I haven't reset says.
I will say that if you reset the mpg avg every time you fill up, it does seem to be within 0.5mpg most of the time.
Track fill ups with Fuelly, either using their website or the acar app for your phone. That's the only way to know true numbers.
^^^ This ^^^
Been tracking every single tank in all my vehicles for years. The best way to do it if you have OCD...

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
This is my 19 most recent (what fits in my phone screen) entries in Fuelly
90e72015e58518cd09e2b4d40fb9a480.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread