5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Tazer issues - Truck wont start - Alarm won't stop

ryanJ

Reaction score
Installed the Tazer DT yesterday. Made changes to the tire size, activated the auto open/close mirrors, disabled the panic button and played with the light show for a bit.

Came out this morning and started loading the truck up for a weekend camping trip. Locked and unlocked the doors several times (condo parking lot).

Got in the truck, tried to start it and the push button wouldn't switch from off to ACC. Pressed it several times and the screen flashed "Key FOB not detected" several times fast. When my girlfriend came out to the truck I tried to unlock it, it didn't work so I manually unlocked/opened the door and interior and exterior lights started flashing/flickering. A noise under the hood sounded like the alarm was attempting to go off but the battery was dead. Disconnected the negative battery terminal for ten minutes, when I attempt the reconnect the horn instantly sounds.

I've searched the symptoms and found nothing. Any advice is appreciated.

john94si

Reaction score
id bet the battery died.. yes could be tazer related.. Just unplug it and try with a jump.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Return it to stock by using the "unmarry" option.

Let it go through 3 or 4 sleep cycles.

Try marrying the Tazer again and make your changes but FULL REBOOT and let it finish. Then let the truck go into 3 or 4 more sleep cycles and things should work.

ryanJ

Reaction score
Most likely user error. Spoke to tech support and they had me do a reboot and a few sleep cycles. So far so good but will post if there are more issues.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely user error. Spoke to tech support and they had me do a reboot and a few sleep cycles. So far so good but will post if there are more issues.
Please report back and give us an update.

Users who are viewing this thread