5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible move from current 2022 BH to 2023 BH 4x4 or Laramie

Trail3n

Reaction score
Guys,

I am debating on moving from my 2022 Bighorn 2wd (40k miles) to a 2023 Bighorn 4wd (led headlamps, cloth) or Laramie 2wd. Just for S&G which one would you lean towards and why.
Thanks for your consideration and time

Attachments

• IMG_8634.png
    IMG_8634.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8633.png
    IMG_8633.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 34

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally would only consider 4wd. I can get by with 2wd if it has limited slip, but just not worth it around here.

Also, I wouldn't want eTorque, so I'd probably find a used truck or see if there are any 22's left out there.

A lot depends on how will you will use it.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys,

I am debating on moving from my 2022 Bighorn 2wd (40k miles) to a 2023 Bighorn 4wd (led headlamps, cloth) or Laramie 2wd. Just for S&G which one would you lean towards and why.

Afternoon all,
I’ve been on another Ram Forum for some time when I had an 01, 2010 having been a ford guy the last 4 years I was in need of a new truck as I recently took a new job and no more company supplied vehicle. I looked for about a week and a half almost purchased a 2022 ford f150 Lariet w/502a package but deal fell through (dealership online pricing issues) then came across this clean one owner super low mileage 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn 2wd patriot blue w/sport package and 12” screen at a smoking price so I jumped on it and had it delivered today. I haven’t washed it but did do a car refresher bomb and remove the sport badge (photo is when at dealership), this week I will debadge the ram and bighorn emblems wash, clay bar and wax before moving on to a simple fox 2.0 or eibach stage 1 or 2 and possibly polished methods and all terrains or 20” polished/chrome and 33s haven’t decided on which direction I want to take it.

Looking forward to sharing and learning from other members and hope to meet a few some day as well.

Attachments​

• IMG_5848.jpeg
    IMG_5848.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 28

Wait a minute. You bought your current 2022 Big Horn used, with "super low miles", just two months ago. Now you're saying it already has 40k miles?? :oops:

If you're driving that many miles, I would buy a small car that gets 30 MPG, instead of a V8 powered truck.

Trail3n

Reaction score
Wait a minute. You bought your current 2022 Big Horn used, with "super low miles", just two months ago. Now you're saying it already has 40k miles?? :oops:

If you're driving that many miles, I would buy a small car that gets 30 MPG, instead of a V8 powered truck.
I would get a car but it’s not what’s needed day to day for what I do. Travel for work on and off site within oil & gas plants in and around Houston. Kids play sports so I’m hauling gear plus for most select ball tournaments outside of PN we rent an Airbnb and bring our two dogs that are 55-65 pounds.

Just figured for a few more grand I could have a brand new almost zero mile truck. Plus I get mileage reimbursement, honestly did not expect to be driving this much but I am home every night.

Attachments

• 71770429969__DCBA75DA-1FDB-4C38-B0E3-691611947213.jpeg
    71770429969__DCBA75DA-1FDB-4C38-B0E3-691611947213.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 15

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I would get a car but it’s not what’s needed day to day for what I do. Travel for work on and off site within oil & gas plants in and around Houston. Kids play sports so I’m hauling gear plus for most select ball tournaments outside of PN we rent an Airbnb and bring our two dogs that are 55-65 pounds.

Just figured for a few more grand I could have a brand new almost zero mile truck. Plus I get mileage reimbursement, honestly did not expect to be driving this much but I am home every night.

I would definitely get the Laramie. That's a great price. If you're spending that much time in the seat, you want to be as comfortable as possible. How many miles are you driving per month?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would not even consider a 2 wd pickup. The small premium you pay for the 4wd option is almost always retuned in full when you resell or trade it. Also, there is a much higher demand for 4wd trucks so they are much easier to sell.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On looks I would favor the big horn with the night edition and 4x4
But the Laramie has some desirable options like the 33 gallon tank, leather seats, pano and blind spot and cross path
So what would be most important to you

Trail3n

Reaction score
On looks I would favor the big horn with the night edition and 4x4
But the Laramie has some desirable options like the 33 gallon tank, leather seats, pano and blind spot and cross path
So what would be most important to you
This is a tuff one, on looks alone I prefer the Laramie mainly because of the nicer factory wheels. Like but don't need 4wd, like the fact Laramie has larger gas tank, leather from factory, sunroof and power steps. Both would look cleaner if leveled on 33 or 35s down the road. Which do you think would sell for more in 2-3 years?

Trail3n

Reaction score
I would definitely get the Laramie. That's a great price. If you're spending that much time in the seat, you want to be as comfortable as possible. How many miles are you driving per month?
1500-1800 should be my average per month, started new job August 21st and had some training, along with meeting new customers and some vacation travel racked up almost 12k.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
1500-1800 should be my average per month, started new job August 21st and had some training, along with meeting new customers and some vacation travel racked up almost 12k.

Oh, so that 2022 Big Horn had a lot of miles (28,000) when you bought it?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

Laramie- More features, leather seats, sunroof etc

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you leaning one way and are hoping for affirmation from the crowd?

Is there a difference in the seats? Might be worth going with the one that has the more comfortable seats for you since you will be in it a lot.

mffdvr

Reaction score
Ram interior features is what put my in a Laramie in the first place and what put me in the Laramie rather than the Rebel or Big Horn. Laramie was the sweet spot without going all the way up to Limited $$$$.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram interior features is what put my in a Laramie in the first place and what put me in the Laramie rather than the Rebel or Big Horn. Laramie was the sweet spot without going all the way up to Limited $$$$.
What does the Laramie have that you can't get in Rebel? Other than my seats saying Rebel and her rear seats recline, I've not noticed any difference in my Rebel and my buddy's wife's Laramie.

But yes, I would take the Laramie interior over the BH, but the BH is still nice.

mffdvr

Reaction score
What does the Laramie have that you can't get in Rebel? Other than my seats saying Rebel and her rear seats recline, I've not noticed any difference in my Rebel and my buddy's wife's Laramie.

But yes, I would take the Laramie interior over the BH, but the BH is still nice.
Just a few features come standard in a Laramie vs as options on the Rebel. Been a couple years, things may have changed.

Trail3n

Reaction score
Oh, so that 2022 Big Horn had a lot of miles (28,000) when you bought it?
Yes I guess low and high mileage varies based on who you ask (other vehicles I looked at had more), don’t hold it against me.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They used to say the avg person put 12k miles a year on a vehicle. That was before a lot of people started “working from home.” So 28k miles on a truck that’s only one Model Year old seems like a lot of miles to me. But if you got a great price on it, and you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

I bought my ‘22 in May 31 ‘23 with 7994 miles in the odometer. Stumbled upon it as it was turned in early off a lease.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Yes I guess low and high mileage varies based on who you ask (other vehicles I looked at had more), don’t hold it against me.

You said super low mileage. Super low mileage on a truck that is less than a year old would be a few hundred miles to a few thousand miles. 28,000 miles on a 2022 is super high mileage. 🤣

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a tuff one, on looks alone I prefer the Laramie mainly because of the nicer factory wheels. Like but don't need 4wd, like the fact Laramie has larger gas tank, leather from factory, sunroof and power steps. Both would look cleaner if leveled on 33 or 35s down the road. Which do you think would sell for more in 2-3 years?
Laramie by a couple thousand, atleast that is what I am seeing over here

Users who are viewing this thread