5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Lifter Tick, Any thoughts?

Gszederjesi

Reaction score
I have this exact same noise. That tapping sound that is just a little bit erratic. It does get faster with just a little bit of RPM, but goes away by 800-900.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I’m nervous about a failing lifter. I’d like to replace them before failure if that’s the case.

Crazy, my truck is a 14 with 135k. To have this same sound on a 22 is just ridiculous on Ram’s part.
Hy, Did you ever figured it out what's wrong with yours? Mine just started it the same yesterday, everything runs perfectly fine, no check engine, everything smooth, but the noise on low rpm, whats weird is that it's not rhythmic, it's erratic. It goes away even in low rpm and then it comes back. Driving me crazy, really not looking forward to lifters and cam replacement...

devin_morgan83

Reaction score
Hy, Did you ever figured it out what's wrong with yours? Mine just started it the same yesterday, everything runs perfectly fine, no check engine, everything smooth, but the noise on low rpm, whats weird is that it's not rhythmic, it's erratic. It goes away even in low rpm and then it comes back. Driving me crazy, really not looking forward to lifters and cam replacement...
I have the exact same sound the entire engine is brand new, any body figure it out yet?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

As I suggested last year, try running a better oil. Anything from HPL (link), or Redline 5w-30 are great candidates.

Anchor Down

Reaction score
My noise is the same cadence but much louder. There is also a noisy scratch bearing noise in the fan belt area. Taking my truck in this Friday. I have 53K on my 2020 Laramie Sport. No oil issues, maintenance has been on schedule and perfect. There is a massive amount of videos about this leading to a manifolod leak. We shall see. Thank God for my extended warranty and if it's the manifold, I have one year left on my powertrain wrranty.

Users who are viewing this thread