5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible issues i should look out for

ritche77

Reaction score
first time truck owner here. i have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 no off road package new body style. i ended up modifying it a little bit. i installed 2019 ram rebel wheels and tires and rebel front and rear shocks and struts. just did a direct swap no other components upgraded. aligned and balanced. my question is what should i look out for possible stresses that could lead to failure? btw i added a wulf half inch leveling kit. lol
thanks in advance happy thanksgiving everyone.

EEnginerd

Reaction score
first time truck owner here. i have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 no off road package new body style. i ended up modifying it a little bit. i installed 2019 ram rebel wheels and tires and rebel front and rear shocks and struts. just did a direct swap no other components upgraded. aligned and balanced. my question is what should i look out for possible stresses that could lead to failure? btw i added a wulf half inch leveling kit. lol
thanks in advance happy thanksgiving everyone.
Did the Rebel wheels and tires fit the stock suspension?

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the Rebel wheels and tires fit the stock suspension?

They do. I made the swap with no changes to stock big horn suspension. I’ve since added 5100s but they fit just fine prior to the assign those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EEnginerd

Reaction score
They do. I made the swap with no changes to stock big horn suspension. I’ve since added 5100s but they fit just fine prior to the assign those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you level it just for looks?

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
i installed 2019 ram rebel wheels and tires and rebel front and rear shocks and struts. just did a direct swap no other components upgraded. aligned and balanced.
I'm about to do the same thing (shocks + springs only for now, no wheels/tires yet)

Have you experienced any issues? Any other parts that need/should've been changed? Sway bar links? Upper control arms?

What are you first impressions after the change? What is your assessment of the ride quality over the factory setup?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread