5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Error Codes after custom leather upgrade

Grip750

Reaction score
Hello Everybody
I have a questions about possible error codes after doing an upgrade. I just got my new Ram yesterday, it has fabric seats and I am ordering leather to install after taking the fabric off the seats. I have to take the seats out of the truck to do the work on them. Does anybody know if I will get error codes after I put the seats back in? I hope somebody can help.....Thanks

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Everybody
I have a questions about possible error codes after doing an upgrade. I just got my new Ram yesterday, it has fabric seats and I am ordering leather to install after taking the fabric off the seats. I have to take the seats out of the truck to do the work on them. Does anybody know if I will get error codes after I put the seats back in? I hope somebody can help.....Thanks
I have done 5-6 katzkin upgrades in various vehicles and just ordered a kit for my rebel yesterday. If done properly you won't encounter any error codes. First, disconnect battery prior to removing seats(hint, adjust power seat to optimal position to remove and install leather)
Then unbolt seat and disconnect Connectors attached to the seat. Lastly take care when removing and installing new cover not damage any wires, airbags and lumbar devices. The hog rings are on top of the cushion and usually not near this stuff. If your doing it your self just take your time and you're be okay. I read someplace but haven't confirmed weather it is true or not that the sales code had to be updated to reflect leather seats if you have the heated seat option so it produces additional heat. Just passing along but know if there is any truth or not.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Grip750

Reaction score
I have done 5-6 katzkin upgrades in various vehicles and just ordered a kit for my rebel yesterday. If done properly you won't encounter any error codes. First, disconnect battery prior to removing seats(hint, adjust power seat to optimal position to remove and install leather)
Then unbolt seat and disconnect Connectors attached to the seat. Lastly take care when removing and installing new cover not damage any wires, airbags and lumbar devices. The hog rings are on top of the cushion and usually not near this stuff. If your doing it your self just take your time and you're be okay. I read someplace but haven't confirmed weather it is true or not that the sales code had to be updated to reflect leather seats if you have the heated seat option so it produces additional heat. Just passing along but know if there is any truth or not.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for the info! I will follow your steps.....

Users who are viewing this thread