5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible 2025 RHO unveiling??

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Listen guys, I'm sensitive over your lack of sensitivity towards each other here.

As far as the truck goes, I actually like the RHO idea. When I ordered my truck I considered getting a TRX however the price jump was too much for me. As much as I love the idea of the TRX I'm not sure how I feel about daily driving a Hellcat. When I looked into the cost of adding a lift kit to the regular 1500 vs the stock TRX suspension it became obvious that the suspension setup on the TRX is far beyond a simple lift kit on the regular 1500. I'm happy to see they are offering the suspension setup at a lower price point now. It would be even better if you could get it without all of the extra styling. If I could get my truck as it was configured now with the TRX/RHO suspension package it would be perfect.

As far as the I6 Hurricane goes, I'm not a fan of it vs the 5.7 or 6.4, the V8 is such an American Icon. I recently ended up in a new Wagoneer as a rental for a week and drove it 800 miles with the I6 Hurricane and I thought I was going to hate it. I was surprised at how it drove. It was the standard output model and it definitely had more power a manners than my 5.7 Etorque. Assuming The I6 hurricane doesn't prove to be inherently unreliable I would be more comfortable with a turbo inline 6 vs an Etorque 5.7 for long term ownership. I ended up with the 5.7 Etorque because that was the only option available for 2023 but I'm nervious once the 5.7 Etorque is completely out of production if there will be parts availability for the battery packs and generators. I found it interesting that the i6 has auto start stop however it does not appear to have any E torque system.

I understand the i6 hurricane hate, I'm not a fan any of these "emission" based engine options however if you are at all on the fence about the i6 hurricane or have the opportunity to get one as a rental I would suggest you give it a try and see how you feel afterwards. I love the 5.7 and I don't plan on trading it in for the i6 but if I was buying a new truck I would at least test drive the i6 instead of going straight to ford or chevy. I also wanted to mention the Wagoneer with the standard output hurricane feels way faster off the line than my 1500 Etorque. I assumed there would be turbo lag but the power felt instant at every RPM level.

I agree and I think the RHO is a smart move, especially for those that wanted a TRX but couldn't part with that kinda money

Users who are viewing this thread