5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possessed hazard lights…

blankcanvas

Reaction score
So my hazard lights are either my trucks way of saying it no likes my driving skills (I have a heavy foot Teehee) or their freaking possessed
They keep coming on randomly and every time I wash it I don’t know what the heck is going on… I don’t have time to go to the dealership this week so hoping someone here might have some helpful tips or some decent jokes at my expense Teehee

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I can explain them coming on while washing. If you have your remote in your pocket while you’re washing the truck, that’s the water hitting the same sensors your fingers touch. Since your remote is in range the water is essentially unlocking your truck. I usually unlock the truck and leave the remote inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
I can explain them coming on while washing. If you have your remote in your pocket while you’re washing the truck, that’s the water hitting the same sensors your fingers touch. Since your remote is in range the water is essentially unlocking your truck. I usually unlock the truck and leave the remote inside

My wifes toyota does this, i could hear the locks actuate and at first it confused the hell out of me, thought i was pocket pressing the buttons. When washing i just leave the key on the workbench 15 feet away. Problem solved.

blankcanvas

Reaction score

Lol ok that actually makes sense I feel like an idiot I kept getting in the truck trying to figure out wtf 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thank you!

same kind of scenario while driving…? Should I put the key fob thingy in a specific spot…? I miss the old trucks I got to feel like a bada** cause I could rebuild thr dang motor on the side of the road if need be bwahaha all this new tech is so not in my skill set

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Lol ok that actually makes sense I feel like an idiot I kept getting in the truck trying to figure out wtf Thank you!

same kind of scenario while driving…? Should I put the key fob thingy in a specific spot…? I miss the old trucks I got to feel like a bada** cause I could rebuild thr dang motor on the side of the road if need be bwahaha all this new tech is so not in my skill set

I don’t know about the driving one, that’s one got me stumped lol!
I sit on my remote, it’s usually in my back pocket, while driving. So I’ve never had that happened. Even during a 8 hour drive the other day.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The hazards coming on while driving sounds like a short in the wiring or a fuse maybe not pushed in all the way .

Hemidakota

Reaction score

This has been bugging the crap out of me 🤣

blankcanvas

Reaction score
The hazards coming on while driving sounds like a short in the wiring or a fuse maybe not pushed in all the way .
Haven’t had a chance to take her in, checked fuses and it’s not that so I swapped out the key fobs lol yeah that did nothing they still pop on occasionally while driving 🤷‍♀️ My teen says it’s just the truck jammin to the music bwhahah so we’re going with that for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online