5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popping sound when turning the steering wheel

Rayc411

Reaction score
Hey guys! So this problem is driving me crazy and I can’t seem to put my finger on what it is. Backing up in the morning of my driveway with my foot on the brake turning the wheel is producing this crazy rubbing like popping sound. Anyone else have this issue? I have an early build 03/18 so I have to get in for the brake tsb(have the brake chirp as well). I have vibration issues at all speeds with the truck wandering as well with clunking. Think my driveshaft is shot too. Appreciate the help guys. Thanks!

Rayc411

Reaction score
Anyone have this sound? Heard it again this morning when in reverse with foot on the brake

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
I had a clicking/popping sound in my steering wheel and took it to the dealer today and they said it is the clockspring and it needs to be replaced so they've got a new one on order... hopefully that's it?

Users who are viewing this thread