5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popping Noise After Installing Mopar 2" Lift Kit

Cibearse

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn and had a Mopar 2" lift kit installed at a local dealership 5 days ago. Also, I installed BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM3 size 295x60R20 on the stock longhorn rims.

Two days after the lift kit/tires were installed I noticed a slight popping sound coming from underneath the vehicle when the rear end would hit a large bump. Shortly after it got worse and I started noticing it when accelerating and braking. It sounds/feels like something is shifting forward/backward and I can physically feel it when it pops. I called the dealership who stated their mechanic is off with Covid and cannot get me in for a week. I called a local shop and had them look at it and they stated they could definitely hear it when they test drove it, but could not find anything wrong. I specifically told them about the TSB that is out for the Mopar 2" lift and to check the sway bar link and all components installed are tight. It should be noted that the part number for the lift kit I installed is 77072424AD. Had no issues with noises prior to installation of lift and feel very certain it is not drivetrain related issue. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 69

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Re-check the torque on all of the bolts yourself. It's super easy and it will save you another trip to the dealership.

Cibearse

Reaction score
To give you an update, I took my 2020 Ram 1500 back to a local dealer (not the one who installed the lift) and they stated they could hear the noise, but could not locate it’s source. So I used a little engine it’s and imagination and had my wife jump up and down on rear bumper while I was underneath the vehicle and thought I found the source. I took it to the dealer who installed the 2” mopar lift and they evaluated it and stated the rear upper control arms needed replaced (I also showed them this was my findings). I had them replace both arms and the popping sound has disappeared. That being said, I now have a creaking sound coming from what appears to be both front and rear. It occurs not when accelerating/braking only, but when the suspension cycles. Any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating. Thanks.

ryanrod22

Reaction score
Any updates on this? Had my 2inch mopar lift installed about three months ago and had no issues. About a month and a half after install I keep hearing a clicking/popping noise whenever I accelerate and decelerate. Doesn’t happen when I’m on the highway but only when driving at speeds beneath below 30 mph. It sounds awful and I’m not sure what it could be. I had to tighten my rear sway bar end links but the sound is in the front

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue with mine. it is driving me insane..

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Maybe unrelated, but I thought i had some weird popping , banging noises during launch and going over bumps but turned out to be a pipe rolling around the bed. Also last summer thought i had a clunk in The suspension but it turned out to be my hitch step bangin around in the receiver. 😁

Booch

Reaction score
Body mount bolts loose? Believe it or not, that was a real problem on some of these. For me, it wasn't a clunk, more like hitting a bird on the highway, but no bird.

Users who are viewing this thread