5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popping Noise after 2" level kit

Darkgod87

Reaction score
Got a 2" level kit put on and the driver side is making a popping type noise every time I go over even the slightest of bumps or just about anything. Any ideas of what is going on or how I can fix it? Thanks!

New to the "lifting" or leveling scene. I had an 09 that I lowered and loved that truck, wish I never sold it. I'm

Attachments

• 20211201_105134.jpg
    20211201_105134.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 42

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Deets ? What leveling kit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe the hardware needs to be retorqued? The instructions on my ReadyLift kit specifically calls for a torque check after 500 miles.

Porky69

Reaction score
I read somewhere that that stock mounting bolts for the struts may be too long and actually stick up higher than the thickness of the spacer(by like 1/64"), so when the spacer is tightened down it is not touching the mount it is riding in the ends of the factory bolts, which move when worked....Fix is to remove topcoat spacers, trim tip of bolts slightlyand reinstall....

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read somewhere that that stock mounting bolts for the struts may be too long and actually stick up higher than the thickness of the spacer(by like 1/64"), so when the spacer is tightened down it is not touching the mount it is riding in the ends of the factory bolts, which move when worked....Fix is to remove topcoat spacers, trim tip of bolts slightlyand reinstall....
Yep, what Porky mentioned is required if using the 2” tophat spacers.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, that can happen. I can't imagine someone missing that during install, but I see people driving their cars solo wearing a mask....

ReadyLift.JPG001.jpg

Darkgod87

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up being a blown shock. I ended up scrapping the spacers and got the rough country preloaded strut combo.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up being a blown shock. I ended up scrapping the spacers and got the rough country preloaded strut combo.
You get the 2.5 or 3.5? How do you like them compared to the spacer and stock struts?

Users who are viewing this thread