5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor MPG on 2021 Built to Serve!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a valid test, south is downhill, north is uphill.
Just to clarify your comment. A5F82254-BC03-4A31-B876-92F71B38A82B.png
I live Northeastern Ontario at 1000 ft above sea level, central Florida is at approximately 100 ft, so 900 ft difference in 2,350 miles, that is a such a small incline, 2 1/2 feet per mile, so it is very minimal.
I attached a topographic map so can see for yourself, there is no drastic elevation difference.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I noticed a significant improvement in mpg around 8k miles on the truck.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Just to clarify your comment. View attachment 95198
I live Northeastern Ontario at 1000 ft above sea level, central Florida is at approximately 100 ft, so 900 ft difference in 2,350 miles, that is a such a small incline, 2 1/2 feet per mile, so it is very minimal.
I attached a topographic map so can see for yourself, there is no drastic elevation difference.
See that's the problem with you kids and all your digital doodads. If you're holding a 3D globe in your hands, you'll notice North is uphill and South is downhill, at least it is on the good side of the equator. You will always get better gas mileage driving south.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See that's the problem with you kids and all your digital doodads. If you're holding a 3D globe in your hands, you'll notice North is uphill and South is downhill, at least it is on the good side of the equator. You will always get better gas mileage driving south.
And....doesn't centrifugal force spin everything toward the equator. :p thats what causes people to retire down south, can't resist the force!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s pretty good, you calling me a kid! I am retiring this coming January, 35 years working in the machine shop and millwright/welding at the deepest base metal mine in the world.
I drove to Florida and back several times, with 3 different Jeep Trailhawks 3.2L V6 and the 2L I4 Turbo. Almost the same mpg both directions. Sometimes I 75 and other times I 95.
My next trip to Florida will be with my Rebel diesel.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I didn't go 70-75 for most of my highway miles my truck would easily get 17+ mpg. I average 15.5 with a mix of city and 75 mph.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My MPG went up considerably after I hit 4000-4500 miles. (1 or so in town, 2+ MPG on the highway.)

Users who are viewing this thread