5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor MPG Explained.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fuel consumption is directly related to the force provided by the lower right appendage against the throttle pedal. Its downward pressure, thereby causes a diminished distance between the throttle pedal and the floor board, resulting in rapid forward movement. It is further influenced by both the speed and the frequency in which the distance between the two points is narrowed.
Although some monetary deficit will occur, feelings of elation normally overtake any urge to counteract the release of the applied downward force.

You’re welcome! 😎

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And here I thought I was secretly sold heavier than normal shoes, as part of a devious plot by the oil companies, there by making my diminishing fuel economy, no fault of my own …. I will tell you, the aftermarket exhaust companies are getting kickbacks from the oil companies …. The sound of a good exhaust tone makes it impossible to resist applying frequent additional force to the right peddle …. Again, it’s no fault of your own …. You’ve been hypnotized by Borla, and countless others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fuel consumption is directly related to the force provided by the lower right appendage against the throttle pedal. Its downward pressure, thereby causes a diminished distance between the throttle pedal and the floor board, resulting in rapid forward movement. It is further influenced by both the speed and the frequency in which the distance between the two points is narrowed.
Although some monetary deficit will occur, feelings of elation normally overtake any urge to counteract the release of the applied downward force.

You’re welcome! 😎
Yes, very true. I have also found that the decrease in the distance between the throttle pedal and the floor also increases the elevation of the corners of your mouth. In some extreme cases it may even cause exposure of the teeth and/or a rapid inhalation or exhalation of air from the driver or passengers.

squid013

Reaction score
I have a defective right appendage that has extra heavy bones there by making it hard to modulate force properly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, very true. I have also found that the decrease in the distance between the throttle pedal and the floor also increases the elevation of the corners of your mouth. In some extreme cases it may even cause exposure of the teeth and/or a rapid inhalation or exhalation of air from the driver or passengers.

The same thing happens on a motorcycle, and that’s how you get bugs in your teeth

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only if you don’t have e torque. And aren’t running 0w20

Duh!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These damn post. I tell you. major poor gas mileage is driver. My wife drove the truck same areas I do for a week. She dropped my avg. from 16.9 to 13.9.

I drive my truck hard to. I get up to speed quick. Ether drive in tow haul or gear lock out. And turn off the auto stop start. She didn’t touch a thing. Idk but I even can avg. 4mpg more in her car then she dose.

I’m going to let mds kick in and auto start stop. Bet I can raise my 16.9 avg.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I have that right appendage problem along with remote starting 8 or 9 months out of the year. Pay a little more to be comfortable? Sign me up. Have a 12 hour trip I can shave an hour or two off of by going 80-85 and spending more on gas? Yes please.

I appreciate not everyone being like this of course, it's good to have a balance.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
These damn post. I tell you. major poor gas mileage is driver. My wife drove the truck same areas I do for a week. She dropped my avg. from 16.9 to 13.9.

I drive my truck hard to. I get up to speed quick. Ether drive in tow haul or gear lock out. And turn off the auto stop start. She didn’t touch a thing. Idk but I even can avg. 4mpg more in her car then she dose.

I’m going to let mds kick in and auto start stop. Bet I can raise my 16.9 avg.
I see similar a phenomenon with my wife.

My wife doesn't look as far ahead as I do, so she tends to keep her foot on the gas longer and then brakes harder than I do when approaching a red light. I suspect it's because she's never driven a stickshift car. She also tends to get timid pulling out to make a left turn. Where I would have gone, she sits and waits. And then of course the empty lanes coming the other way are no longer empty... so we sit some more. Waiting an extra minute dozens of times per tank can add up to a lot of idling.

I have learned it's best not to critique her driving. At least not out loud. ;)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You’re welcome! 😎
Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar and I commend you for this most eloquent and astute educational depiction you have hitherto presented in such a striking and illuminating manor okay that went too far...

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see similar a phenomenon with my wife.

My wife doesn't look as far ahead as I do, so she tends to keep her foot on the gas longer and then brakes harder than I do when approaching a red light. I suspect it's because she's never driven a stickshift car. She also tends to get timid pulling out to make a left turn. Where I would have gone, she sits and waits. And then of course the empty lanes coming the other way are no longer empty... so we sit some more. Waiting an extra minute dozens of times per tank can add up to a lot of idling.

I have learned it's best not to critique her driving. At least not out loud. ;)

Boy you’re not a kiddin …. I got 70k out of my factory brakes on my 2012 1500 …. My wife got 28k out of hers on a Jeep GC …. Late brakin like a Mutha

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Keep in mind that a larger foot size has a longer fulcrum, which means comparatively less pressure is required to move the gas pedal. This is why drivers with smaller feet get better fuel economy, it's simply harder for them to push the pedal. 8 out of 10 podiatrists agree with this statement.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, just in the interest of science, how would a little person with a new Ram Limited, with a right leg shorter than his/her left leg, with extension blocks on the brake and gas pedals, and a thicker sole on the right shoe to compensate for the leg length difference, and lets say a size 5-1/2 foot, fit into the equations and scenarios mentioned above ?

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
OK, just in the interest of science, how would a little person with a new Ram Limited, with a right leg shorter than his/her left leg, with extension blocks on the brake and gas pedals, and a thicker sole on the right shoe to compensate for the leg length difference, and lets say a size 5-1/2 foot, fit into the equations and scenarios mentioned above ?
A fascinating question, and it would seem to me that while much of it is fairly straightforward, I'm left wondering what material the blocks are made of? We all know for example that larger tires are heavier, and the heavier the rotating mass, the more work must be done to move them. Similarly, if the blocks are made of standard yellow pine, they may be more difficult to move than if they were made out of, oh, say, balsa wood. So many variables.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A fascinating question, and it would seem to me that while much of it is fairly straightforward, I'm left wondering what material the blocks are made of? We all know for example that larger tires are heavier, and the heavier the rotating mass, the more work must be done to move them. Similarly, if the blocks are made of standard yellow pine, they may be more difficult to move than if they were made out of, oh, say, balsa wood. So many variables.

Fair enough …. With durability in mind, let’s assume nylon 66

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
giphy.gif

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lmao what….

Users who are viewing this thread