5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poo, son’s 19 Limited got t-boned (low speed)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Son just told me that he and family were out this week running errands and to make it short, a 17 yr old girl wasn't paying attention (texting maybe? Surely not...) and low speed impacted them (15 mph) on the passenger side doors. Fortunately no injuries to wife and 2 yr old who were both on that side.

Body shop (dealer) says $8500 but the worse thing is a 2 month delay for parts... his own insurance has him in a rental but just 30 days worth of coverage. (I’ll help him figure out the balance but still, his pretty Ltd won’t be quite the same). My having been an insurance adjuster for 9 years, I can guide him along. Funny thing, I do believe in “loss of value” claims, even though I hated them when I was working. As soon as Carfax shows an accident, it makes for a lower value In most peoples eyes.

At least it wasn’t an aluminum F150. Those must be a beech to fix correctly.

Not looking for any long thread here, am just comiserating with those of you whose baby has been hit. :mad:

barr0208

Reaction score
that sucks I too got slammed in the side of my truck a 2 weeks ago but im not waiting for 2 months for parts my right fender, taillight and rear bumper are already there its in the shop since Monday for repair more then likely will be ready next
Monday.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
see first post for pictures:
this was right at $8000.00.

as far as the rental, her insurance company will pick up the rental car costs, nothing to worry about. Have him find a real good body shop, not just the one the insurance company recommends. Make sure he gets OEM Mopar parts for the repair, repair time matters not.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Total bummer, glad everyone is OK

It’s been a month since my accident and I heard today they will replace the frame. That is good news but means I won’t see my truck for months. I needed a car ASAP. Something safe reliable winter worthy and fun but not super pricey. So I bought a 2019 Honda Accord 2.0 with a manual - I absolutely love it and it will be my daily. Honda finally made a nice interior and a fun car

EEA5E1CF-B75A-4D3F-AB82-1530DBF923B6.jpeg BBF46AB0-E1AE-4202-8EA5-202326728731.jpeg

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
He sent me a picture yet from the distance and my old eyes I can’t see much wrong, but I don’t doubt it. I‘m not sure where he took it for work but I think it was a dealer with the body shop. Apparently the doors have to be reskinned and the bedside panel is being replaced.

A lot of you alls pics look way worse!

Attachments

• DD819E3A-396D-478A-810F-368CE6AF66E2.jpeg
    DD819E3A-396D-478A-810F-368CE6AF66E2.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 86

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
He sent me a picture yet from the distance and my old eyes I can’t see much wrong, but I don’t doubt it. I‘m not sure where he took it for work but I think it was a dealer with the body shop. Apparently the doors have to be reskinned and the bedside panel is being replaced.

A lot of you alls pics look way worse!
It's hard to see, but it looks like there's damage to the bottom of both doors, front/bottom of bed, and side step.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Son just told me that he and family were out this week running errands and to make it short, a 17 yr old girl wasn't paying attention (texting maybe? Surely not...) and low speed impacted them (15 mph) on the passenger side doors. Fortunately no injuries to wife and 2 yr old who were both on that side.

Body shop (dealer) says $8500 but the worse thing is a 2 month delay for parts... his own insurance has him in a rental but just 30 days worth of coverage. (I’ll help him figure out the balance but still, his pretty Ltd won’t be quite the same). My having been an insurance adjuster for 9 years, I can guide him along. Funny thing, I do believe in “loss of value” claims, even though I hated them when I was working. As soon as Carfax shows an accident, it makes for a lower value In most peoples eyes.

At least it wasn’t an aluminum F150. Those must be a beech to fix correctly.

Not looking for any long thread here, am just comiserating with those of you whose baby has been hit. :mad:
Wouldn’t the other party’s insurance be required to cover the rental expense until repaired?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the other party’s insurance be required to cover the rental expense until repaired?
the at fault drivers insurance will pick up the rental costs even if that means reimbursement to non fault drivers insurance company.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yes if he went thru them but he didn't so he will have to have that conversation with his own company in about 3 weeks...

RiskReward

Reaction score
Keep receipts for the additional rental expense and the liable party’s carrier will reimburse you.

Trick here is that if the truck is drivable it may not be owed. Also going to be a challenge to get your own carrier to spring for OEM parts versus LKQ. If you go through the third-party carrier you may be able to convince them if you hold a DIV (Diminishment in Value) claim over their heads. Use of OEM parts reduces that claim.

You say you were an adjuster so you’re probably aware of all of this but thought I’d share anyways. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread