5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL: 5th Gen Owners working from home due to COVID-19?

How is COVID-19 affecting your work situation?

• I am or will be working from home until otherwise instructed by my employer

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • I will be going to my workplace unless we actually shut down operations

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • I am considered an essential worker so I have no choice but to go to my workplace

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I already work remotely, so it doesn't really affect me

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • I am retired or semi-retired, so there is little to no impact on me

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put other because I'm retired but it still affects me big time. Being old (74) with Lymphoma I have to stay in the house away from everybody. Wouldn't be so bad except I miss my grand kids. They live less than a mile away and I am used to seeing them every day. :cautious:

This hit me in the feels real bad! Hang in there. Our kids have been FaceTiming grandma and grandpa just to stay connected.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Retired but a caregiver for my 87yo mother in law. Which is why I moved from Florida to Michigan last summer. So we've been staying home for the last couple of weeks. We don't want her coming down with it. She would not survive. I did a couple of curb take outs this week to try and help a couple of mom and pop restaurants floating and I went to the grocery store and basically filled gaps in our 2 week supply of food and things. I'm figuring Michigan could get locked down by next week.
Not happy with Florida right now. They should have shut down spring break immediately last weekend.

ChPeter

Reaction score
Field Service Tech for power generation, we got grounded a week ago, and my manager told we are doing only doing emergency jobs for hospitals or other essential businesses.

It drives me crazy, going from full blown work (near 3000 hrs in 12 months) to full stop. Already washed the carpet in my apartment, the kitchen is shining as never before. Installed the wheel well pockets on the truck. Might wash my motorcycle and get the registration renewed, before shelter at home order comes in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This hit me in the feels real bad! Hang in there. Our kids have been FaceTiming grandma and grandpa just to stay connected.
That really sucks. I'm 10 years younger but my son told us to not visit until this is all over. They have a newborn and a 2 yr old and his wife is freaked out over the babies...
Weird for me to be 1 yr away from "high risk"...

Nibis

Reaction score
I work in Dialysis, I'm essential to a degree. I'm on the biomedical side, management, working from home since 3/12, but I still need to go in 1 to 2 times a week as needed. I have a great team, and they can handle most situations without me.

Users who are viewing this thread