5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polishing Aluminum/Forged Wheels

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
My aluminum wheels looked good, but always had a slight milky haze to them. Very hard to keep shining. I used the Mother's Powerball and liquid polish but it only made things slightly better. I made the leap to the airway buffing wheels and rouge compounds. Wow what a difference. It is hard to tell in pics, but before I couldn't read the letters off a spray bottle in the reflection and now it is almost mirror like. I didn't spend a ton of time, just 2 quick passes on the lip for each wheel, but if anybody out there is struggling with aluminum wheels give it a shot. I also put two coats of Ethos Resist for protection and decided I'm only using ceramic soap on the wheels from now on, no wheel cleaners. 20210611_070716.jpg Screenshot_20210725-141736_Gallery.jpg 20210724_183711.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My aluminum wheels looked good, but always had a slight milky haze to them. Very hard to keep shining. I used the Mother's Powerball and liquid polish but it only made things slightly better. I made the leap to the airway buffing wheels and rouge compounds. Wow what a difference. It is hard to tell in pics, but before I couldn't read the letters off a spray bottle in the reflection and now it is almost mirror like. I didn't spend a ton of time, just 2 quick passes on the lip for each wheel, but if anybody out there is struggling with aluminum wheels give it a shot. I also put two coats of Ethos Resist for protection and decided I'm only using ceramic soap on the wheels from now on, no wheel cleaners. View attachment 100992 View attachment 100994 View attachment 100993
I am not a fan of chrome or bright aluminum finished wheels...I like them blacked out, but your wheels do look very nice! Great job(y)

Users who are viewing this thread