5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please share your favorite truck mods

Islander

Reaction score
My favorite mod by far is the autostop eliminator. Then probably the black Rebel wheels and AT tires. Then the Hellwig sway bar. Followed by the BlackView camera system. My latest mod is a Ram Air intake.
Hey Mike...thanks for mentioning the Autostop Eliminator. After I read your post I ordered one and just installed it...works great!

We have all these roundabouts where I am and often as I come to a crawl my '22 would shut off for a couple seconds then turn on again with a slight jerk...kinda annoying...so this really solves the problem...forever :)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey Mike...thanks for mentioning the Autostop Eliminator. After I read your post I ordered one and just installed it...works great!

We have all these roundabouts where I am and often as I come to a crawl my '22 would shut off for a couple seconds then turn on again with a slight jerk...kinda annoying...so this really solves the problem...forever :)
Glad you like it too!

sd2134

Reaction score
Bed Extender, Hellwig sway bar, LASFIT led interior lights.

jgc650i

Reaction score
I've installed a laundry list of mods. If I had to pick just one favorite I would have to go with the Hellwig Sway Bar for sure. Also like the BedRug, PowerTraxPro XR cover, and Ram AirFlow CAI (because it just looks cool and frees ups bunch of space under the hood) quite a bit.

puba08

Reaction score
Pedal Commander. Driving without it is painful (unless I’m in the snow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Goldsy

Reaction score
Hellwig sway bar for ride quality. MGP caliper covers for cosmetics.

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score
Why does everyone love the hellwig sway bar so much? Mine handles great stock (bighorn)
I appreciate the answers

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hellwig is a good mod, IMO, not great. It does add a level of stability that these trucks should have had from the factory, but then again, they are trucks. I think if my truck was 2wd I would appreciate it more. I believe the Hellwig fandom is more a testament to how good these trucks actually are - It doesn't require a major investment of time or money to add a mod you can appreciate immediately.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Every functional mod that I love so much, I will immediately be installing when my Ram arrives.

1. Auto Vent Shades. Hot and Rainy Florida. I like to keep my windows cracked without the fear of getting the interior wet:
SnCyUCA.jpg

2. Steps for the kiddos:
OV8Y128.jpg

3. Rolling cover + Rack System:
dICyKP1.jpg

4. Re-enforcing those racks with thick steel bars, I can support 500lbs-distributed on each bar:
GiTan9f.jpg

5. 18gal Marine tank for extra fuel:
JCBmlwr.jpg

6. Bins that fit under the roll-cover housing:
3VrmOE5.jpg

7. Odyssey Sealed Battery. No corrosive gas, LOTS of amps:
e30KAwA.jpg

8. Tow and Stow Hitch:
31Yzx1cJ+kS._AC_.jpg

9. Dual Dash Cams with parking mode (cheap insurance)
6165wH3SyvL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

10. Valentine One:

61wLbwHUs-L._AC_SL1455_.jpg

11. Ivoxia GPS Tracker:
81r99vKwedL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

All 11 items will be on my Ram in the first month of ownership....except the Ram already comes with steps and I might wait a year on the battery.

magnetized

Reaction score
For me, the G/T exhaust and OEM power running boards are my favorites.

Booch

Reaction score
^^ Wheels and tires are always first and favorite for me, but I guess that goes hand in hand with a lift/level. Next for me on this truck is the Hellwig Swaybar. Massive thread about it on this forum, but for me it makes the truck more 'accurate'. You'll notice right away how often you were correcting it after a turn, especially a quick turn, once you don't have to correct it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread