5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with parts list for rear drop

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really want to do something like a 2/4 drop, but I’m going to hold out until Beltech comes out with a kit. For now, I just want to level my truck with the 2” lowering coils. So, this is my list so far:

Maxtrac 2” rear lowering coils (272920-19)
Hellwig rear sway bar (7709)
Adjustable sway bar links (????) - Suggestions needed
Air helper bag kit (????) - Suggestions needed

I have a compressor from an old train horn kit I had on my previous truck and would love to have the ability to adjust the air bags from inside the truck. Is there a kit like this for our lowered trucks?

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Hey Rock Crawler! I’m planning on doing the Maxtrac 2/4 drop on my truck that came with the off-road group. Been quite a challenge to figure out making it work in my truck. Found some maxtrac adjustable (7961) links for it, and grab yourself some airlift bags either for lowered trucks or for a Durango!

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I have just the springs on mine and it is great. Been on since my truck had 1600 miles and now at almost 16K. Not one issue with just the springs. You don't technically need any of that other stuff, but if you want it you can get it, I just don't know exactly what all you need for part numbers and such. I too am waiting on the Belltech kit, and they emailed me and said sometime this year, but wouldn't be more specific. The kit is in R&D though, so that's promising.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Rock Crawler! I’m planning on doing the Maxtrac 2/4 drop on my truck that came with the off-road group. Been quite a challenge to figure out making it work in my truck. Found some maxtrac adjustable (7961) links for it, and grab yourself some airlift bags either for lowered trucks or for a Durango!
Thanks for the info.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have just the springs on mine and it is great. Been on since my truck had 1600 miles and now at almost 16K. Not one issue with just the springs. You don't technically need any of that other stuff, but if you want it you can get it, I just don't know exactly what all you need for part numbers and such. I too am waiting on the Belltech kit, and they emailed me and said sometime this year, but wouldn't be more specific. The kit is in R&D though, so that's promising.
Yeah, I talked to them over the phone a couple of times and they gave me the same info.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with Maxtrac and they stated that the 2” lowering springs do not require different sway bar links. Then I spoke to Hellwig and they said it might not need different links, but they said to make sure the sway bar ends are parallel to the ground. So, there is a slight possibility that different links will be needed, but I won’t know until after installation of the springs and sway bar are complete. I ordered the springs and the airbags today. I’ll order the sway bar tomorrow.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
I ordered the Maxtrac rear springs yesterday, hoping it levels out nicely for better (less) weight transfer on throttle and dial out a bit of the chassis understeer tendencies. Be nice to have easier access to reaching into the bed and have my dirt bike hitch rack a little lower.

Was looking at king and fox coilovers, seems like everything is made for lifted trucks, not many options designed for stock height or rear leveled.

Betohemi661

Reaction score
I had my maxtrac installed about two weeks ago
And definitely need additional parts since I now bottom out in the rear over most bumps rubbing in the front wheel well... would air bags in the rear help

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
If you went with their 2/4 kit a lot of people are having the bottoming out issue. I don't know how to resolve it but I would assume air bags would help, but you may have to run enough air in them so that the ride is harsh? I can't answer that for you. One of the reasons I am waiting on the BellTech kit to come out.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check out this thread. A guy here modified the bump stops.

Users who are viewing this thread