5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help Me Verify - Interior AC outlets and Rear USB

SeaGrizzly

Reaction score
Hi there, so I purchased a new 2023 limited from a dealer in Texas and while that went great I got the truck home and my son tried to plug in his phone to the back USB ports of the truck and they don't work. I also tried the ac ports in the truck and they are not working. I have looked at the manual and its really odd becuase it says it could be a bunch of different fuses for these items. I have checked and all the fuses are good as well as there. I have an appointment with the dealer on the 18th but they want the truck all day to troubleshoot this simple issue. The other really odd kicker is the rear ram box AC outlet works fine.

I guess what I am asking is has anybody had an issue like this?
Are the rear USB and interior AC ports tied together somehow, I kind of doubt it since one is AC the other is DC.
Is there a specific fuse or a second AC invertor for the interior AC ports on the truck?

Thanks in advance.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I would start looking for an unplugged connector. Someone may have had the console out and got careless.
All the AC outlets share the same inverter, so you can rule out a fuse for that one

daustin

Reaction score
Hi there, so I purchased a new 2023 limited from a dealer in Texas and while that went great I got the truck home and my son tried to plug in his phone to the back USB ports of the truck and they don't work. I also tried the ac ports in the truck and they are not working. I have looked at the manual and its really odd becuase it says it could be a bunch of different fuses for these items. I have checked and all the fuses are good as well as there. I have an appointment with the dealer on the 18th but they want the truck all day to troubleshoot this simple issue. The other really odd kicker is the rear ram box AC outlet works fine.

I guess what I am asking is has anybody had an issue like this?
Are the rear USB and interior AC ports tied together somehow, I kind of doubt it since one is AC the other is DC.
Is there a specific fuse or a second AC invertor for the interior AC ports on the truck?

Thanks in advance.
It's brand new. I would just let the dealer deal with it. It may be a "simple" issue, it may not be a "simple" issue. If you start messing around with it you could turn it from their problem to your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread