5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help Me Choose Colour

What colour for new 1500

• Ivory Tri Coat Pearl

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Granite Crystal Metallic

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters

ONeill88

Reaction score
I’m going to pickup a new truck on Friday. I’m debating between the Ivory Pearl Night Edition or the Granite Metallic Night Edition.
I currently have an ivory pearl and love it but I’m wondering if it won’t feel new if I don’t switch the colour.
I’m putting up a poll to help me choose. Let’s hear it.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Granite but I’m bias lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your options are missing Delmonico Red! So glad I was able to add value here

Amazing color. My 4th Gen was this color. Had I not found my current truck locally I would of ordered one in Delmonico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
I have granite SW edition and sorta wish I went Patriot blue, but if you want night edition, I would definitely go with granite. I've seen that combo in person and it looks awesome.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of the two choices, I voted Granite. For mine, I had to go with my favorite, Patriot Blue. :)

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Dark colors show dust worse. They also get hotter than white if they get parked in hot sun. I live in Southern California, so both of those are real concerns. Things might be different where you live. But you still might have a neighbor who is compulsive with his leaf blower and your dark truck would constantly look filthy.

Kaderast

Reaction score
Dark colors show dust worse. They also get hotter than white if they get parked in hot sun. I live in Southern California, so both of those are real concerns. Things might be different where you live. But you still might have a neighbor who is compulsive with his leaf blower and your dark truck would constantly look filthy.
Two very good points to picking white over other colors. Personally (and of course color selection might be the most personal of all options for your truck) I have never liked the look of white vehicles. I think Granite looks great. I have Max Steel, another very dark color, and love it. However, I live in a cool climate, and a place with tons of snow and muddy/dusty gravel roads. I gave up a long time ago trying to keep my truck clean. A dirty truck is a happy truck! 20220311_154007.jpg

Taylorman312

Reaction score
That “new” feeling will wear off regardless of your color choice. Think about how long you plan to keep the truck and imagine what color will make you the happiest in that last year. That’s your choice.

franc944

Reaction score
Granite is very popular for a reason. IMO the white makes any truck you buy look like a fleet sold tradesmen.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I like Delmonico Red, it seems that you are choosing between two trucks, Ivory Pearl and Granite Metallic. I would pick the Granite since you already have Ivory. That way, neighbors will know you bought a new truck. :D (y)

Users who are viewing this thread