5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help I have this annoying rattle coming from the rear passenger side

5.7_Dario

Reaction score
This is my video of the rattle. The truck just got returned from the dealership for other things and i told them about this rattle yet they said they couldn’t replicate the noise. I have a 5 hour trip tomorrow and i cant take this thing back in since i need it. Anyone have any idea? The noise is coming from the rear passager area.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar rattle and upon inspection, I found an 18mm Snap-On brand high angle socket was still sitting on top of an unfinished torquing seat hold-down bolt. I believe it was from the dealership installed Bed LED lighting kit. I used the socket to finish the job they didn't and threw the socket in my box, rattle gone.

5.7_Dario

Reaction score
Apon further inspection i found the bolt that hold the top of the seatbelt was loose or just missing a washer causing the seatbelt swivel to move excessively. I dont have time to take apart the trim so i put an adhesive to prevent metal on metal contact. I will take it to get it properly checked out after my trip but so far i think I found the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread