5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! Best way to upgrade stock 2020 1500 Alpine 8 speaker + sub system???

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
My sound system in my new 2020 bighorn 1500 is the alpine 8 speaker system with sub. I want make it better and louder.

My question is what is the most cost effective way to get the system to be louder and sound a lot better? I don’t want to spend more than 400-500 if possible. Can i swap out the front speakers will that help with it being louder?

I don’t need it to have a loud bass sound. In fact i turn down the bass on the factory settings and brought up the treble and mids. Listen more to classic rock, country, rock etc. just want better sound and louder. My Dre beats system in my Durango was way better than this. Surprised this upgraded system isn’t better.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Changing the dash speakers will make the system much louder. if you want crisp highs, go with a silk dome tweeter.
I.E:

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Changing the dash speakers will make the system much louder. if you want crisp highs, go with a silk dome tweeter.
I.E:

Thank you! Ended up getting 3 of the 3.5 infinite reference speakers. Going to install this weekend! Got the wiring harnesses too. Thank you!

Jayturk

Reaction score
I added Kickers to the dash, front doors (mid-bass only), and rear doors. Also placed Rockford Fosgate tweeters in the A pillars. I haven't replaced the center dash or the rear roof speakers yet, but I'm satisfied so far.

Users who are viewing this thread