5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help advise on tires

SeanGTS

Reaction score
I've searching and reading for the last 3 weeks. Laramie 4x4 without the air suspension. Just ordered UCA from ready lift as we as a motofab 2.5 leveling kit for the front. My truck has the 22 inch rims.

Questions:
What are the best set of tires for road driving yet still have the aggressive tread pattern? The 22" diameter wheels limits the selections some I understand. I would like at least a 33.5" diameter tire to have proper proportions. Looking at 325/50r22 or similar size, maybe even 35x12.5r22.

Are the ridge grapplers much worse on the highway versus the G2's? Or, anyone tried the Toyo open country RTs? How about the Cooper discovery pro sst?

From your guys experience, what is the most streetable tire that can be purchased with the 22 inch diameter wheels. I understand that if I size down to 20's I would have more options, but I'm hoping to keep the 22s.

Thanks so much!

SeanGTS

Reaction score
I'm pretty set on the Toyo Open Country R/T in 35x12.5x22. Considered the ridge grapplers, as well as the Coopers, but after reading hundreds of reviews, I feel like the Toyo R/T's have the most consistent reviews for on the road manners.

The only wrinkle I have now is I'm considering dropping to a 20x10 wheel with goal of having better rubber/rim ratio. I'm just not sure if I've seen enough pictures of 35x12.5r22 to decide if the proportions look right.

Ciege

Reaction score
Will the Open Country R/T in 35x12.5x22 work on stock height without air ride and no rubbing?

SeanGTS

Reaction score
Will the Open Country R/T in 35x12.5x22 work on stock height without air ride and no rubbing?
Doubtful.

I ended up purchasing 20x10 rims today, should have lift, tires, wheels, all installed this weekend. My math shows it should be cheaper this route, and give a better look for the truck.

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread