5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please check video

Branko

Reaction score
Hi Guys Im new to forum and new to RAM I just got 2019 5.7 hemi with 59k miles Please check video of engine runningcold start
Firs video is cold start 2nd is warm running engine
Please let me know what you thing its seems to me there is some noise at cold start owarm enginer that should be like that ???

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't hear anything in either video that would concern me.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First video 100% sounds like a cracked manifold or broken stud. I've had my exhaust manifold replaced 3 times now for cracks, I know that sound anywhere. Get it in ASAP before your powertrain warranty expires.

Branko

Reaction score
Thank you guys for reply its looks like coming from passenger side

Branko

Reaction score
I still have 5 months and 800 miles left for warranty so ill go to dealer i hope this ill be covered under warranty

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have 5 months and 800 miles left for warranty so ill go to dealer i hope this ill be covered under warranty
It will be covered under the powertrain warranty. Just had my passenger side covered for the second time at 58k.

Branko

Reaction score
Dealer confirmed today -right and left manifold crack covered under the powertrain warranty

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm about to fix mine. Got the passenger side kit for $65 plus $20 shipping.

Started leaking at about 64K. Just my luck. Never been to a dealer so no relationship in place. Never had a warranty issue and I do regular maintenance myself.

I also got the remflex gaskets.

Jrun50

Reaction score
I woke up to my truck making this noise today. How hard was the fix?

I have the 7 year 100k miles warranty, I'm at 90k miles and just took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago for an emissions fix. It took 5 days for them to get me the truck back, so I am really trying to avoid the dealer, even if it's covered under warranty.

Branko

Reaction score

I have the 7 year 100k miles warranty, I'm at 90k miles and just took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago for an emissions fix. It took 5 days for them to get me the truck back, so I am really trying to avoid the dealer, even if it's covered under warranty.
I get it fixed by dealer under warranty so not sure how difficult it is exactly.

Hamco8520

Reaction score

It's not difficult, will just take some time. Best if you take the wheel off along with the wheel liner. It's still a bit of a tight space you got to work in but it's definitely manageable without a lift.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

A cracked manifold is not overly difficult, if it is a case of a broken stud, then you might have to work at it.
All depends on your skill set and tools on hand.

Jrun50

Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback! I put a call into the dealer and have an appointment for Tuesday, with hopefully same day diagnostic to confirm that it falls under a warranty repair.

If it’s not then I’m going to try it myself. I’ve see a few videos online and can definitely manage this repair.

Morenar

Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback! I put a call into the dealer and have an appointment for Tuesday, with hopefully same day diagnostic to confirm that it falls under a warranty repair.

If it’s not then I’m going to try it myself. I’ve see a few videos online and can definitely manage this repair.
Mine is going in Monday for the same sounds. What end up being diagnosed for yours?

Jrun50

Reaction score
it was the manifold studs on the passenger side. Thankfully it’s covered under warranty and they are paying the rental through the extended warranty plan. It was one stud the broke and they are only replacing the studs, I pushed them to replace the manifold as well but the repair is specifically for the studs.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
^^^^^^ If the exhaust manifold lasted this long without failing, good chance will not fail in future. I replaced broken studs on both sides of my previous 2011 Hemi Ram @ 90k and 110K. I too purchased the 7 / 100 warranty for my 2022 and considering truck replacement when expired this time.

Jrun50

Reaction score
awesome, I’m glad to hear that it’s last a long time for your previously. I’ve considered selling or trading in my Ram but with prices nowadays I don’t think it makes sense. I’ll definitely look at the higher mileage posts for preventative maintenance.

E.Hands

Reaction score
I'm about to fix mine. Got the passenger side kit for $65 plus $20 shipping.

Started leaking at about 64K. Just my luck. Never been to a dealer so no relationship in place. Never had a warranty issue and I do regular maintenance myself.

I also got the remflex gaskets.
Can you please tell us where you made these purchases from?

Users who are viewing this thread