5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastidip 'burnt copper' wheels

Prodat

Reaction score
Bought plasti dip 'burnt copper' wheel kit.

Tried it on spare tire, must say looks pretty badass, will do all 4 wheels probably this weekend

Your thoughts?

20191003_150420.jpg 20191003_145845.jpg

JR2085

Reaction score
I am extremely interested in how this holds up. I've thought about doing the same. Black seems to be overdone and I think bronze or copper would look great with the Rugged Brown Pearlcoat.

Prodat

Reaction score
I just wonder if plasti dip burnt copper color looks good on the standard rims which are now under the car, i do like the spare wheel type al lot ( since today, never saw it before:ROFLMAO: )

Anyway, still will proceed, because new wheels maybe other time in combination with new set of tires or so.

With plasti dip, only good experiences, dipped entire front grill of my previous car, last for about 3 years during winter / summer / carwash etc. just doing enough layers ( like 5 /6 )

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Make sure you do the recommended amount of coats. It will be very hard to remove if you don't. Peels off like vinyl wrap if done properly.

Also use the cleaner they specify or just soap and water. Other cleaners can harden the media and once again make it hard to remove.

I think it will look good on the truck. Post pics when done!

Users who are viewing this thread