5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic hub centric rings vs Aluminum ones?

Jack.

Reaction score
Any benefit to these? ive read that aluminum ones are better yet i live in the north eastern part where road salt is a thing... I also ordered a pair of aluminum hub centric rings off of amazon. The place i got my wheels from telling me theyre going to pop in some plastic ones unless i have a specific one i wanted to use and so i ordered these. Just worry about the whole corosion stuff. Should i return these and just use the plastic ones provided?

Jack.

Reaction score
I'd use the plastic to avoid galvanic corrosion.

They're really only there to make sure everything is properly centered while you torque the wheels.
Ahhh I see. Okay plastic one it is

Zeeya

Reaction score
I had the same question today when they installed the Fuel Assault set on my truck. I walked out there and was like WTH is that. He said the same thing. They just help center the tire until it is torqued down.. I also agree with the possible corrosion theory. I'm sticking with what came with the wheels. Learn something new every day..

KRField

Reaction score
I run aluminum, I just coat the hub with antiseize every tire rotation. No issues for 30k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wouldn't catch me running plastic anything near my wheels. I ran bora wheel spacers on my jeep and we get dumped on with ice and snow and salt. Never had a problem.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
He is talking about hub rings, not spacers. Plastic hub rings are fine, and come with most aftermarket wheels. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I have run them on numerous vehicles with aftermarket wheels. No issues. Once the wheel is torqued, they have served their purpose.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He is talking about hub rings, not spacers. Plastic hub rings are fine, and come with most aftermarket wheels. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I have run them on numerous vehicles with aftermarket wheels. No issues. Once the wheel is torqued, they have served their purpose.
Same. Probably have 200k miles on 3 sets of wheels with plastic hub rings. Zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread