5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic bedliner? Bed same interior as 2018s?

Flot

Reaction score
I didn't get the spray-in bedliner and am having some trouble finding out what plastic liner (if any) is available for my 2019 Crew..

The Canada Mopar Accessories catalog listed a part # for this.... but I can't find that same reference in the US. (and not sure I should trust an early release PDF catalog on this) My dealer says they couldn't locate a part...

Anyone have an idea?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought both the Canadian and US part numbers were the same. I know when I looked at the Bed Assist the numbers were the same.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I would honestly just get Line-x or something of that nature sprayed in and be done with it. I always hated my drop in Bedliner on my 4th gen.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had two spray in's on different trucks and a BedRug on my current truck. I'm waiting for the BedRug to be released for the 2019 Ram...they are saying mid-summer.

Flot

Reaction score
The plastic liner in my 2011 has served me well for 7 years. There are some ways I actually prefer it to spray-in coatings. But more importantly, it's half the price of a good spray job, and if I change my mind later, I can always remove it and spray. Can't go the other way around.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I've had both the plastic drop in liners and the spray in liner in my current truck and they both served me well. The plastic liners actually provide more ding/dent protection since they are ribbed but I do like the look of the spray in liner and no need to worry about dirt getting under it like a drop in.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't it true with a plastic drop in that debris and water can get under it and make your bed rust?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
alacombe said:
Isn't it true with a plastic drop in that debris and water can get under it and make your bed rust?
Ive seen it happen quite a few times, I'm personally not a big fan although I see why some people prefer them.

I'll stick with the spray in.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i have heard that some people don't like the spray in cause things doesn't slide easy getting things in and out. spray is the way for me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
alacombe said:
When I was a kid, I worked at a Chrysler dealership for a summer (when the 'all-new Ram' had just come out...tells you how old I am).

If a customer ordered the drop-in bedliner, we took the truck into detailing and applied a few very heavy wax coats to the bed. We knew it would just be a matter of time before water/dirt would find their way in between the bedliner and the bed, so we wanted to give it a bit more protection from premature rust.

When we were prepping a truck for a spray-in liner, it was almost the opposite treatment. We'd go in and sand/scuff the entire bed to ensure maximum adhesion.

As for the grip of spray-in bedliners, this is controllable with additives and finishing treatments. I had a Rhino Liner in one truck that was super grippy, whereas my current truck has a Line-X that is a bit more slippery.

Users who are viewing this thread