5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plasti Dip to Match Ivory Tri Coat

Xtrexx

Reaction score
I know, yet another plasti-dip thread. I've searched pretty thoroughly and couldn't find a lot of information so I figured I would ask specifically. Has anyone had any luck with a plasti dip color that matches the Ivory Tri Coat? I'm wanting to color match the bumpers and some of the chrome, essentially going for the sport look. I got a can of the regular White with some glossifier from Lowes that I'm going to experiment with on the mirror covers to see how it does, but I'm not optimistic. There's a couple of other white colors on the Dip Your Car website, but they look like they might be even brighter white than the plain white at the store. Any advice would be great, and I'll be sure to update here with pictures of the mirror covers after I dip them, both with and without the glossifier just for future reference for others.

Damion

Reaction score
I think you'll have a tough time marching the Tri coat, it changes color a bit depending on how your looking at it and in what light. Avery Designs makes a Vinyl that is VERY close ( a bit brighter white ). Id get it wrapped in vinyl, it'll be the closest you'll get to the pearl the paint has

nselimis

Reaction score
I think you'll have a tough time marching the Tri coat, it changes color a bit depending on how your looking at it and in what light. Avery Designs makes a Vinyl that is VERY close ( a bit brighter white ). Id get it wrapped in vinyl, it'll be the closest you'll get to the pearl the paint has
do you know what Avery Designs calls that vinyl ??? ive been looking for something that is close

Xtrexx

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Avery, but another user here suggested 3m satin white vanilla wrap. If you search the forum up top for that name you should find a picture of it they posted and its nearly identical. If you do go for it and try it you should totally upload a picture to have more references lol.
do you know what Avery Designs calls that vinyl ??? ive been looking for something that is close

Damion

Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the Avery stuff.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
161D Avery SW900 white diamond

Users who are viewing this thread