5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plasti-Dip over chrome clad

Bigzoe12

Reaction score
So I decided to try Plasti-Dip on the wheels before I fully invest in taking the chrome clad off and powder coating the aluminum wheels. I don't have a full shot yet I gotta finish the other wheels lol but I think it looks alright. It came out grainy which you can see up close but it's a rugged look which also looks good to me. Feel free to chime in.

drsubie

Reaction score
I've heard that the plasti dip holds up surprisingly well on the wheels; looks great for cheap!

RenoRam

Reaction score
Looks good. I've used Flexidip on my wheels previously and it lasts a long time. Just a bit of maintenance.

davis2885

Reaction score
looks great! Ive been debating doing the same exact thing because the caps are way to bling for me. I looked up the crome cap removal process and that seems really involved (ie tire removal, solvent, powder coat etc). Did you remove the wheel and do the entire thing? I've seen others tape off inside the rim and just paint the outside...couldnt tell from the photo. How many coats?

Users who are viewing this thread