5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning to lift: Larger Wheel Bearings / hubs with WPM and WPZ build codes

0051 MAR

Reaction score
So I am looking to lift my truck and a few of the brands have mentioned that trucks that came with the 22" wheels from the factory (build codes WPM and WPZ) have larger (stronger?) wheel bearings / hubs and subsequently a larger bore in the steering knuckle. I would assume the wheel bearings were upgraded for the 22" wheels due to the additional forces they could potentially impart on the knuckle. I currently have the factory 20" wheels and the "smaller" bearings. If these other bearings are stronger as I suspect, I would assume this would be a good upgrade to do as I would obviously be installing larger tires. So on to my question: Does anyone know if the WPM and WPZ build codes change anything other than the bearing / hub assembly and the steering knuckle? From what I can find, the other related components (i.e. CV shafts) are all the same. I'm hoping someone could confirm if this would be as simple as swapping knuckle and hub assemblies.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread