5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning to buy the 2021 2500 Longhorn. What is other Longhorn owners experience with the tan leather seats?

Atkpilot6

Reaction score
I am concerned about the seats getting stained. Dealer said they clean up well.

He then offered a lifetime guarantee ceramic coating. That intrigued me as it offers free cleaning or total replacement if they cannot clean it.

They also ceramic coat the exterior paint. I have heard good stories about the paint coating, but not anything about a fabric coating.

Any empirical experiences out there on either topic: seat durability or ceramic coating?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the black/saddle, and mine look like new (took delivery in September 2018). The leather smell is still there.

I've never heard of such a coating for leather. My first reaction is that sounds like a terrible idea. On the exterior, though, that's a nice plus if applied properly (e.g. after paint correction). Also, you want to ceramic coat the paint after you install PPF, if you are planning to do so. Or you'll have to strip the ceramic coating from that area in order to install PPF later.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I dent have a longhorn, mine is a ltd with the cream seats. Other than some complaints a year or more ago on the forum about some types of denim, I haven’t heard of anything else. Since 90% or more of the leather seats are black, theres not too many of us to ask.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Longhorn that I took delivery of a few weeks ago. The seats are great except for this dent in the leather, or loose leather in the driver seat (see pic). I’m 6’1” and 170 lbs so I assume weight/size isn’t the issue. I’m a little disappointed the leather is already loose or dented this early on. That said, the seats clean easily even with my dirty kids getting them nasty in the back.

Attachments

• CB1FA546-A70A-40F6-800C-16BF0FFCC496.jpeg
    CB1FA546-A70A-40F6-800C-16BF0FFCC496.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 20

GAscooter

Reaction score
I have the tan leather, and it’s been great. I got my truck in April 2019 and have nearly 40K miles on it. I don’t know what you would have to spill on it to stain it. I’ve had the usual food, muddy dog prints, boxes and such which have all cleaned up easily. We built a house last year, and I hauled a bunch of smaller materials in the cab not to mention tracking dirt in it. Also, the Longhorn floor mats have been very impressive. You won’t be disappointed.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Frost white and Indigo blue interior. I wear jeans all the time. Seats clean up with a good leather cleaner and conditioner. Only have to do about once or twice a year. I’ve heard of the ceramic coating and people who have had it done rave about it. I might look into it as well, but I don’t have any issue with mine or my cleaning Regime. Here’s what I use.

B1941BEA-5034-431D-BC9F-0E35CFD827CF.png

07E7747F-F22D-45C8-9EC5-84CBFAD27101.jpeg

7CFFC1F3-0016-427A-8EE9-AB935BB3F046.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread