5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning my Setup

DusterJoe

Reaction score
I purchased a set of stock 22" wheels which I really like just having them powdercoated a color to match the truck. Thinking I want to run 33x12.5x22 wheels. I've read that a level would be required for my 2022 Big Horn.

I'm thinking of Bilstein 5100s. Not sure what clip setting? I've also read that upper control arms would be needed and have been suggested to get ORP upper control arms.

I've also read that some people can fit 33x12.5 and not rub with stock suspension and some are saying a level is needed.

Thank you in advance. Pictures of level with 33x12.5 would be helpful.

DusterJoe

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 12.5 wide tires should be more of a concern than the height. On stock wheels, you may come into contact with the UCA’s and might need wheel spacers.
33’s will fit with a level 100%. Mopar 2 inch lift UCA’s would be the right part, not ORP UCA’s as they are the same as stock. if leveling at 2-3 inches, UCA’s aren’t needed, but are a smart upgrade with the level. I’m running ReadyLift UCA’s. Anything higher than that will call for a complete kit, drop brackets and all.
Best way to determine which clip to set your 5100’s at is to measure your stock height difference from front to back and go from there.

Attached is my previous setup with 5100’s all around with OEM replicas (chrome wheels). Only difference is the offset. Stock is +19, these are +25. They are on Toyo AT3’s 33x12.5R22. I needed spacers to clear my UCA’s.
My current setup (black wheels) is a bit different at +18 and Bilstein 6112’s up front, running 285/55’s= 34.4x 11.2 inches (Roughly). Don’t need the spacers now, but left them on because I like the stance. Hope this helps.
Good luck👍

Attachments

• IMG_0113.png
    IMG_0113.png
    922.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231019_130032.jpg
    20231019_130032.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 50

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Ok so I could do 285/55 or a 305/45 from reading other's setups with only using Bilstein 5100's set at half. I don't mind a little rake as I do tow a camper once and a while.

Do you have the part numbers for Mopar 2" UCAs? I found some part numbers but didn't know exactly what they were for so I assumed it was ORP UCAs.

DusterJoe

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I could do 285/55 or a 305/45 from reading other's setups with only using Bilstein 5100's set at half. I don't mind a little rake as I do tow a camper once and a while.

Do you have the part numbers for Mopar 2" UCAs? I found some part numbers but didn't know exactly what they were for so I assumed it was ORP UCAs.

DusterJoe
68323530AA, 68323531AA is what I found for the UCA’s.
When you search, it will come up as Mopar Accessory Lift Replacement Part. I have no experience with them, but know there isn’t too much of a difference, just a different ball joint.
You may need to go max lift with the 285/55’s and do a bit of trimming if you have mud flaps. Mines caught the inside corner of the flap, so all of that came off to prevent rubbing.
Too bad you’re not closer. Got a complete set of ORP springs and a pair of 5100 fronts with around 13k on them. Would sell for cheap, but shipping to you would be ridiculous. Well, shipping to and from me is ridiculous. Good luck🤙🏽

DusterJoe

Reaction score
When you search, it will come up as Mopar Accessory Lift Replacement Part. I have no experience with them, but know there isn’t too much of a difference, just a different ball joint.
You may need to go max lift with the 285/55’s and do a bit of trimming if you have mud flaps. Mines caught the inside corner of the flap, so all of that came off to prevent rubbing.
Too bad you’re not closer. Got a complete set of ORP springs and a pair of 5100 fronts with around 13k on them. Would sell for cheap, but shipping to you would be ridiculous. Well, shipping to and from me is ridiculous. Good luck🤙🏽
Yeah That setup you have would be prefect. I do have a shipping address in Detroit, MI but I noticed your in Hawaii...

Those are the part numbers I had written down. So those are $100cdn each and the 5100's are like $250. So the front level at 2" and later on replacing the rear shocks with 5100's would complete the setup.

Next up is tires. I ran 33x12.5x22 on my Silverado and was happy with it. But all I need is an all terrain tire as I drive out in muddy fields to load horses and tow out. So the all terrain's and 4x4 works to get me out. Never been stuck.

With the stock 22" wheel size am I better off with a 33x12.5 or otherwise? I've read 285/45 (stock), 305/45 and also 285/55. I'm just wanting a decent tire like a Toyo Open Country AT or something similar.

Thoughts?

DusterJoe

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said, the 12.5 inch wide tires may bring clearing the UCA into play.
Although mines did clear, my OCD was on high alert before I got the spacers (see below. Pics are with stock UCA’s. The ReadyLift UCA’s clear slightly more than that.). You may be fine since the stock offset will kick it out a hair more, but it is something to keep in mind when going wider, especially with these trucks.
IMG_0163.jpeg IMG_0164.jpeg
I upgraded to the 285 Falken RT’s for a few reasons:
-Was not a fan of the Toyo’s in the rain. Fishtailing in a 6k pound truck is not a great feeling. Many will have different experiences with these tires. My daily drive to work told me they were not the tire for me. These Falken RT’s actually have a wet rating less than the Toyo’s but to me handle much better in wet conditions on my daily commute.
-love my 22’s, but the ride with the thinner sidewall was terrible. Going to 285’s and the 6112’s up front completely changed the ride, positively.
-I scored them at a great price from my Navy Exchange tire shop.

A 285/45 would be even thinner of a sidewall, a 305 just slightly taller. They’ll both be around 11.2 inches wide, so you’ll clear the UCA’s with no issues.
I use this site to compare tire sizes. Awesome site if you haven’t used it before. Hope this helps! Good luck👍

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Like I said, the 12.5 inch wide tires may bring clearing the UCA into play.
Although mines did clear, my OCD was on high alert before I got the spacers (see below. Pics are with stock UCA’s. The ReadyLift UCA’s clear slightly more than that.). You may be fine since the stock offset will kick it out a hair more, but it is something to keep in mind when going wider, especially with these trucks.
View attachment 169989 View attachment 169990
I upgraded to the 285 Falken RT’s for a few reasons:
-Was not a fan of the Toyo’s in the rain. Fishtailing in a 6k pound truck is not a great feeling. Many will have different experiences with these tires. My daily drive to work told me they were not the tire for me. These Falken RT’s actually have a wet rating less than the Toyo’s but to me handle much better in wet conditions on my daily commute.
-love my 22’s, but the ride with the thinner sidewall was terrible. Going to 285’s and the 6112’s up front completely changed the ride, positively.
-I scored them at a great price from my Navy Exchange tire shop.

A 285/45 would be even thinner of a sidewall, a 305 just slightly taller. They’ll both be around 11.2 inches wide, so you’ll clear the UCA’s with no issues.
I use this site to compare tire sizes. Awesome site if you haven’t used it before. Hope this helps! Good luck👍
Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated. I've been thinking I'll get the Bilstein's set to 1.5" (5th clip) and see how they are. Tires I'm still debating and I'll have to see whats available.

Thanks,

DusterJoe

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm these are the correct UCA numbers. My RC 2” coilovers were just delivered today. And I received the Mopar UCA’s a few weeks ago (ordered these exact Numbers). I plan on installing them at my buddy’s shop using his lift next Saturday.

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Just bumping this once again. Order the Mopar 2" lift control arms. Debating the Rough Country 2" strut/spring combo or the Bilstein B8 5100...

I already have Rough Country N3 rear struts from a used 3.5" kit I bought. The struts are new as are the ball joints in the 3.5" control arms.

Thanks,

DusterJoe

Users who are viewing this thread