5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pistol Safe for front bench seat of 2019 Big Horn

svelectric

Reaction score
I've been searching and haven't really found a solution for a pistol safe/lock box for the front bench seat. Either under the seat or in the armrest (or really anywhere else) that isn't conspicuous. What are others doing that have the bench seat? Thanks much! 1st post, just got my Big Horn 10 days ago. :)

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I'd also like ideas for this. I have the bench seat and carry either my Sig p320RX or p229 daily. Currently if I have to go into a building i can't carry in I just end up leaving it in the little drawer under the stereo, and try to be back as soon as possible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I've been searching and haven't really found a solution for a pistol safe/lock box for the front bench seat. Either under the seat or in the armrest (or really anywhere else) that isn't conspicuous. What are others doing that have the bench seat? Thanks much! 1st post, just got my Big Horn 10 days ago. :)
I seen a thread from a guy who just completed an install in his center console

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I installed the lock'er down exxtreme console safe today. A bit pricey, but love the product so far. I opted for the electronic lock. After ordering I noticed their shop was only 3 miles from work, so I called and was able to pick it up and get it that much quicker... they even threw in a couple stick on led puck lights.
View attachment 54283 View attachment 54284 View attachment 54286 View attachment 54287 View attachment 54288

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Check out the last attachment. Enough room for a couple

svelectric

Reaction score
Hey Six Swix. Thanks for the reply but that looks like the full center console. I don't have that. I have the bench seat in the front. Or am I missing something?

svelectric

Reaction score
No worries. I appreciate the input. Awaiting someone else who has tackled it. :)

Overkill77

Reaction score
Late to this thread but I just got myself a 2020 Quad cab with the front bench seat option, in my last truck (2007) I put a gun safe in the under seat storage area that bolted to the vehicle. I was bummed to see they dont make that again for this new model but I did email a company that makes em and they said until they get more requests for the item they wont have it in production.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Put it in an old chip bag or fast food bag and leave it right out in the open. No one is gonna break in to steal that.
You have never seen the homeless that live (wander) by me. I am employed by a municipality, a couple of weeks ago a cop told me they got a call for an auto break in, the only thing stolen was a subway sandwich. Probably the only thing in the car, but really. Cop said the window was broken. Imagine eating a sandwich that had been in a car on a nearly 90 degree day.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
I bought one for my crew cab center console it was a ram brand one, fit nice and not too bad a price, got it on flee bay!

phisch

Reaction score
I'm interested in this one from Tuffy Security Products. It's not as sophisticated as the keypad ones from Lockerdown, but should do the job the same, and it's like half the price. Just need to carry an extra little key on your fob. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/594/console-safe-ram-trucks-2019-2020

Edit: Never mind, I realize you're talking about a different front seat. Still trying to get the lingo down around here.

Last edited:

rlc2020

Reaction score
I'm looking for one as well. I'm not concerned about theft, I'm concerned about my 3yr old. I want to make sure it's locked away securely. Any idea if the underseat safe for the DS will fit our DT? I may buy one just to roll the dice and see. I will loose access to my CD player, but oh well.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
Try this one: Console Insert for 2010-Current Ram Trucks W/Flow-Thru Console on amazon.

ChuckH

Reaction score
I use a portable safe that has cable attached to it that can be put around a bracket under the seat and throw it under the seat. That is if I need to take it off of me. Bolt cutters could cut the cable but if you have that going on around you I would recommend keeping the gun with you if possible! It keeps honest people honest or little kid from getting it. If you need more protection from that or faster access I would recommend trying to fabricate something under the middle seat by the CD player. Unless you have that model most people would not even know to look there.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
No input other to say I would love to find one for the under center bench seat storage also. I do notice that the compartment is a little shallow, think it would fit?

Overkill77

Reaction score
Maybe if any of you send an email over to the folks at console vault they will put a safe into production for us bench beach Ram owners. The under seat safe from them in my 2007 was perfect and I'd love if they actually made one for the 2020. Here's a link to their website. In the email I received from them stated that my request was added and if they have enough demand than they will make the product.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread