5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirelli tires

wvinson

Reaction score
Have a '22 Limited with Pirelli Scorpion all seasons. My Goodyears on my '19 didn't last but 20k miles but these are about 1/2 worn I'm guessing at 19K miles. What mileage are others getting on these tires? I'm hoping they survive my lease term of 36k miles!

23RAM

Reaction score
Have a '22 Limited with Pirelli Scorpion all seasons. My Goodyears on my '19 didn't last but 20k miles but these are about 1/2 worn I'm guessing at 19K miles. What mileage are others getting on these tires? I'm hoping they survive my lease term of 36k miles!
I have the Bridgestone tires on the RAM, but I put Scorpions on the SUV and so far they've gone about 45k and I expect to hit 60k with them with even wear. If your wear is not even, check your tire pressures.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Goodyears are junk! I haven't had them on a truck, but I have had Pirelli's on a few cars and loved them. Great ride, handling and traction. If you lease a vehicle with Goodyears, you will always have to buy tires during a lease.

Majortom

Reaction score
I had issues with Goodyears back in the 80’s that required intervention from corporate. It worked out but took about 7 months. I will not have them on any vehicle And have gone so far as to have them swapped out if they were on a vehicle I was buying. Even walked from a deal over them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Depends how you drive.
Should get 40k pretty easy though.
Pirelli makes a good tire, not Goodyear junk.

Quint

Reaction score
Goodyears are junk!
Strong opinion for someone who hasn't had them on a truck. A better statement would be that stock tires are junk.

I really liked my Falken WIldpeaks on both my 2015 and 2021 RAM trucks. My brother-in-law sells tires for a living and convinced me to give the Goodyear UltraTerrains a try. I put them on last fall and they were fantastic towing my snowmobiles through 1ft of fresh snow. One thing that I remember him telling me was that Goodyear stood behind their tires much better than Falken. That said, I would put either on my truck again.

I average 50k on tires I buy because I don't drive hard and slow down on turns. Stock tires usually only last me around 30k.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Strong opinion for someone who hasn't had them on a truck. A better statement would be that stock tires are junk.

I really liked my Falken WIldpeaks on both my 2015 and 2021 RAM trucks. My brother-in-law sells tires for a living and convinced me to give the Goodyear UltraTerrains a try. I put them on last fall and they were fantastic towing my snowmobiles through 1ft of fresh snow. One thing that I remember him telling me was that Goodyear stood behind their tires much better than Falken. That said, I would put either on my truck again.

I average 50k on tires I buy because I don't drive hard and slow down on turns. Stock tires usually only last me around 30k.
I agree Goodyear has a wide range of tires, there are some that are trash and some that are great. Falken is a difficult tire to get warrantied(almost impossible).

AKBrad

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What's the mileage of you members with the Pirelli Scorpion A/S?
Well, mine are holding up well, so far. But then again, I only recently went over 5K miles on my '22 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition. LOL. I only drive it in the summer and then only when I have to. And, I'm retired so I seldom have to. Sorry, not much help.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Just installed these, so we’ll see. Second choice after they told me the Michelin Defenders were not available.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 83

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Pirelli Scorpion AS+3, these are different than the factory installed Pirelli Scorpions but I have about 30k miles on them and they are about 1/2 worn. They should make 50k miles without a problem.

Good tires, no vibrations at all. The only negative comment I have is that they are a little heavier than the goodyears and hurt my fuel mileage by about 1/2 mpg.
I track all the changes to my truck and the resulting mileage changes, that said, I'd buy them again without hesitation

JustaRam

Reaction score
My Pirelli AT's are doing fine
How many miles have you gotten on them and how many do you expect to get? Need to get tires this week and these have been top of my list if I go AT. Thinking I may not need AT but really want some that will go 60k if I do. Other reviews I've seen of the Pirelli AT+ have been good

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at about 15K. Haven't put a dent in them yet. I'd say another 40K to go. But it's my first set of ATs so I'm no expert.

They do ride great and I do not hear them. My truck is stock height etc. I also drive very spirited. I live in a somewhat rural area. As soon as I pull out of my hood I can do 60 mph for 5 miles. That usually ends up about 75mph though lol.

Kamper

Reaction score
Hey all - just checking on the Pirellie Scorpion Verde in 22's - they come on limiteds and night edition Laramie's. Seems they may be decent overall - anyone have any perspectives/review in snow?

Users who are viewing this thread