5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirelli tire help needed. ASAP

FourByBud

Reaction score
I have 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with air ride and Pirelli Verde 285/45R22XL tires on it. No issues till about 11,000mi and had a vibration in passengers seat at 85-90mph.
Had tires rebalanced at shop A, as I'll call it, all tires were a little off weight wise. Now vibration is 65-80mph.
Went to shop B. They found all tires were off as well and rebalanced again. Now shakes at 75mph and up. None of the rims have flat spots, tires are worn evenly, and were road forced each time. Before I go for a set of new tires has anyone else had an issue like this?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tires possibly spinning on the rims?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thought of that, but we marked the weights. Ordered Michelins for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Hopefully that takes care of it. Curious, could you not get the tires replaced under warranty?

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my old Durango. Turned out to be a bad tire that was replaced under warranty. Road force balance showed it but mine was bad enough that they couldn’t get it into spec. Said it was likely the belt going bad over time because it got worse and worse and no amount of balancing could fix. I road forced before and they were able to correct most of it until it was too far gone. New tire and all is well. Drove me nuts forever and would do the same thing. After balance it would change speed ranges. Someone would get it to run fine up to 80, but then when I’d rotate the tires it would be back and we’d balance again and it would make it happen above 55. Absolutely insane. I hope the new tires help. Bet they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have these tires on my truck and I love them.

Check for the wheels "walking". if they put too much lube mounting and you get on it, or brake hard before they dry in the tires will spin on the rim. Mark them with a wax/grease pencil or something and see if they move at all.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
I promise to keep everyone informed. Got them on this afternoon and took them for a short run to about 85mph. No issues. In the next week taking a 1300mi trip. Will report back then with final results.

Great news. Sounds like the same exact thing that happened to me.

HRCfan1

Reaction score
Glad to hear the problem has been solved. Have a 22 limited with the same tires. Only have 1k on the vehicle. Hopefully don’t run into this problem as I like the pirellis. If I do run into this problem I’ll replace the tires asap.

Users who are viewing this thread